Wednesday, May 3, 2023

April

Yay for warmer weather! Every time the sun is out we are too! 

I was still recovering from surgery and so we had a pretty quiet couple of weeks. The kids and Ty were very helpful around the house with the things that I couldn't do. I had to take it easy for a few weeks. 

The first week of April was spring break! Lyndin loves it when dad gets down Parker's old trains. All the kids had fun building tracks. 


The girls were in need of hair cuts. They all got a good trim! 






This was a snow storm that first week of April as well. 


We went down to Kanab to go camping toward the end of spring break. We went to a family friends property that Ty stayed at a lot when he was younger. The first morning we were there, Addi had a seizure. We were having breakfast and she fell out of her chair. We all kind of laughed because we thought she had fallen out. Then I noticed her wrist was bent and she wasn't moving from her position and was shaking. I said she is seizing! She had about a 1.30-2 minute seizure. I supported her head, and Ty gently held her body. All the kids were there to witness it and so were nana and grandpa. It was a scary situation and it definitely scared the kids. When the lights came back on in her brain she told us that she hadn't taken her night time medicine and that she was late taking her morning pill. She also didn't have any triggers like she had before. It was an eye opening experience for all of us because we have never seen her have a seizure. Thankfully we kind of know what the trigger was. I am assuming that she had a seizure brewing and that her medicine was doing its job. When it saw an opening it took the opportunity. She doesn't remember having one and she gets super tired afterwards. I am grateful she was in a safe place and that we knew what to do. 

We went on a few small hikes/rides. It was nice to be somewhere warm. Night time was a bit chilly, but during the day it was awesome. 












Nana and Grandpa hid over 100 eggs for the kids to find. 









Lyndin came home on April 12 with some great news. She was chosen as student of the month from Kindergarten. She also told me that Emmy was chosen as well. Addi had her first track meet that afternoon as well. She killed it. She was super nervous and pumped up. That night Parker also had a Kuwanis Kid Award ceremony. Which we knew he was getting this award, but didn't know much about it. This award is only for 5th graders. Parker was 1 of 6 kids from his school that were chosen. 5th graders from Spanish Fork and Salem were chosen. They said there were 1,300 5th graders in the area. Kuwanis wants to acknowledge hard working, service oriented, kind, and terrific kids. Super super big deal. My mom heart was so full! These kids work hard and it is so great that people notice their hard work. 









Lyn had an egg drop at school. They had to put a raw egg inside something that would hopefully protect it from a fall from the top of the school.  Lyn's egg didn't break! 






Addi had a 3 day tournament in the middle of April up in SLC. They played hard and played well. Sadly we just couldn't finish up with wins. 



For all of our birthdays we decided to go to the play of Hairspray on the 16th. Way fun play! 


More track meet fun! 

On April 21-22 Addi had another volleyball tournament. I was out of town, but it was so nice to be able to click in and watch when I could. They played so well. They went undefeated until the last game which was the championship game. It was a stellar game and they took 2nd place. 






On April 20th, Emmy had oral surgery to remove an extra tooth. Those dang Massey genes. The surgery went super fast. She was put under for it, and when she woke up she was super emotional. She wanted to talk and talk even though she was crying as she talked. She asked why I had 4 eyes (because she was seeing double), she thought she had 3 brothers, she also couldn't find her top lip (because it was so numb). Tooth fairy was extra nice to her and gave her $4. Her lip did swell quite a bit and it took a few days for the swelling to come down. Strong kid right there! 





Her baby tooth is on the left and the extra tooth is on the right. 



Parker qualified to do a district keyboarding test. He is really quite quick. 


For YW's we took a tour of MTC. I have never been there and I was super excited to go. I had plenty of extra tickets so I had Ty and the kids come. Ty said it was a pretty surreal moment being in there. He was there 20 years ago. It was a really neat activity and I loved that we could feel of the spirit. 



The murals around the building were amazing! 





Addi is doing really well in track. She is placing 1st or 2nd in all her events. The picture is of her whole track team. 


She is ranked 2nd in the state for hurdles as of the end of April for her age group. 



The sunsets have been super beautiful lately! 


The 2nd graders celebrated Arbor Day by singing a song and celebrating the plants of new trees by a park by their school!




Addi and some of her volleyball team were able to help at a school for a service project. 


The very last weekend of April. Dad and I got to go to Las Vegas to have a little grown up time. It was a quick trip, but we still made the best of it. It was fun to vacation with the Ashby's. We ate food, sat by the pool, shopped, and went the the show called O. The weather was so warm and it felt so good!







We got home Sunday night and of course we had our little snuggle friend right back in bed with us before she fell asleep. It is nice to get away as adults, but it also nice to come back home to where our kids are. 


No comments: