Wednesday, March 9, 2022

February

 February the weather was high and then low, high then low. Hard to keep up with weather like that. We are all ready for warm weather. 

Parker got to go hang out with his best buddies for Connor's birthday. 



Mom was asked to help in primary and tell the story about Deborah.



Emmy came to us earlier in the month and said I can feel something with my tongue. She showed us and her adult teeth were coming through. Her one tooth was a bit wiggly but not much. The other one wasn't loose at all. We had a dentist appointment later in the month that we went to and asked the dentist about it. 


Emmy came home from school one day so so excited. She told me that she was chosen to be a double dutch jump roper in the assembly that day. Her teacher sent me a picture of her doing it. She now says that is what she wants to be when she grows up.. a jumper roper. I still love it when Lyn falls asleep with me. 




Addi came home from school with a note saying that she was chosen as student of the month and that there was a special breakfast on the 8th for parents and the student. When we went we found out that she was nominated by her PE teacher. It was the PE departments turn to nominate people. There were 5 teachers and each teacher nominated 2 students. Addi received hers from Mr. Charles. He praised her with how hard she works and how she is always trying to improve her own scores. He said she is an amazing athlete and has an amazing attitude. Very very proud moment as parents. After the teacher told why they picked the student, then the parent had to tell why they thought their child was special. She looked at me and said mom will you say something? I already started to tear up and said honey I would love to, but I know I will just stand up and cry. So we will make dad say something. He told everyone what a big help she is in our home, and how she really does have such a positive attitude. And that we are lucky that she is our daughter. It was a very special morning and such a big deal! Out of 400+  students she was chosen and that she stands out for being a good/kind human. 








I started my job!! I got my credit card in the mail and I accepted my first shopping batch on the 9th of February. It was so scary at first and I definitely didn't know what I was doing at all. I took Parker with me and then later that night I took Ty. Now that I have the hang of it I am really enjoying it. I'm not making millions, but it is rewarding to know I am contributing to our family financially. 




The end of the 2nd term was in January. Addi was able to maintain a 4.0 that term. She was on the honors role again! 


For Christmas I bought Ty and I tickets to the play Hamilton. We were suppose to go the weekend before our anniversary, but it got canceled because a lot of the cast had Covid. We went February 11 instead. It was such a good play! We didn't get the anniversary weekend we thought we'd get because we had to return home so we could take kids to basketball and volleyball the next day. 


Parker's last basketball game was on the 12th. He had quite the crowd there cheering him on! He thinks basketball is his new favorite sport now. 


After his game we ran up to Lehi to watch Addi play volleyball. Her team went undefeated once again and took 1st. I really enjoy taking pictures of her jump serve. It is so pretty! 




One of my funniest job orders.. two pregnancy tests. Glad they weren't for us. 


Since Lyn was sick on her birthday we delayed her party. We did it on the 13th. Since it was right in the middle of her birthday and Addi's we did a combo party. The weather was AMAZING so we set up cross net and enjoyed the sun. My dad came out for the afternoon and with him coming that meant all her grandparents were there. So so fun! 





On the 17th Avery and her parents came out to Provo to go to state wrestling. I got to watch Avery all day while they were there. It was so fun having a little baby around! She still does not like Ty. The picture of me snuggling her is because she didn't want to look at Ty. She loves lemons and loved traveling around with us. The tender moment was when she let me hold her and then she fell asleep on me. 











They stayed through the weekend and so we celebrated Addi's birthday with them. The kids were such big helpers. Playing with her, feeding her, and making her laugh. We sure wish they lived closer to us. 


Here is the update to the earlier picture of Emmy's teeth. The dentist didn't seem too concerned about her teeth. He said they eventually they would come out. He said he doesn't like to take them out because he doesn't want to give the kids a reason to be scared of the dentist. But if we really wanted him to take them out he would. We said why don't we ask her. She said she wanted him to pull them out and so he did! She didn't really cry while he was doing it. He did have to numb her a bit. She kind of growled at him because it was uncomfortable. She was super excited to have them out! It is crazy how far in her adult teeth already were in. 





Grandpa Jensen's bday was on the 22nd. So off went a birthday song to him! 


Emmy had been having a real rough time. Lots of melt downs, having a hard time sleeping, and just overall not her happy self. I had a bit of a melt down too because I didn't know how to help her. Her scores in reading at school are low too. It was one of those I felt like I was failing as a parent. As I was crying after everyone went to bed I had the impression that I needed to let her have a late start to school and to take her to breakfast. Its hard having 4 kids and making sure they have enough quality time. I felt like she was feeling unseen. The next morning we went to McDonalds for breakfast and she was a chatter box the entire time. Parenting is hard! Knowing what each kid needs is hard. I hope they can see one day that their dad and I tried our best. Even when we as parents fell short. We do love each of them very much! 


On the 24th we went to another BYU basketball game with tickets from Zions Bank. We went with the Collett's. It was a fun time and we got the win! 


A friend on Facebook was there at the game that night not knowing that I was there. He took a picture and posted that he was going to miss going to the games because the season was almost over. I zoomed in on his picture and you can see me turned around looking at the crowd behind us. I thought this picture was fun because you could see how close we were to the court. The blue circle is us. 



I love when our kids write notes to us. This one was from Parker. 



Another one of my job adventures... I did a shopping order for my high school boyfriend. I don't know who I'm shopping for until I accept the order. I knew he had moved to Spanish Fork, but I wouldn't have guessed this is how I would run into him. We dated for 2 years before his mission and then I ended up sending him a dear John letter when I married Ty. We are on good terms and I have met his wife before, but that doesn't mean it wasn't awkward. We had a quick little chat over the app I use and that was that! 


I can't remember if this picture was the end of February or beginning of March, but it was Dr. Seuss day and so they did donuts and reading books one morning before school. We got to sit with our friends and eat donuts! 


This picture popped up on my feed as a memory on Facebook. He was such a happy little baby and toddler. I told my mom and sister that I think I miss him being a baby the most out of all my kids. And of course it doesn't help this mom heart when he is my only boy. I realize this picture was taken on the 2nd of March. But ehh we will just loop it into February. 

 
Lyn and I playing guess who. Her and I have lots of one on one time while the older ones are at school. 





No comments: