I love September. It is not quite fall, but not quite summer. The weather is always so good.
Addi showed me at the beginning of the month that one of her teeth was starting to poke through. So crazy to finally see them. The surgery we did back in February paid off!
I woke up early to go get Addi off to school. I knew the little girls had gotten in bed with me and when I came back upstairs. If Emmy would have known where lyn was or that she was touching her there might have been a war cry let out.
Over Labor Day we went out to Vernal for the Massey Reunion. We haven't been for a few years and it was fun to take our camper out and do some camping. It was so fun to see some of my cousins that I haven't seen for a very long time. There are finally starting to be lots of younger kids again and so my kids played and played and played. We hiked up to Massey cave, had a piñata, had an auction, played lots of crossnet, played legos, rode bikes, and went on lots of side by side rides. The kids were sad that we had to leave. It is fun showing them my family and how big it is even when not everyone is there. My dad comes from a family of 10. He is number 4 out of 8 kids. It is crazy to see how family keeps growing and adding more.
This year in 4th grade they learn about Utah. One of Parker's projects was to do a geographical map of the state. We decided to use jello as Utah and then used icing and chocolate chips for mountains and water. Then he got to eat it!
Addi had a tournament in Saratoga Springs a friday in September. The other two kids wanted to stay in school and so it was just our oldest and our youngest.
Addi was asked to give her first talk in Sacrament meeting. It so happened to be on Parker's birthday. When the bishopric member asked us if Addi might do it, we honestly told him we weren't sure. This is the girl that wouldn't do primary programs for a long time, she wouldn't sing with her class on stage, and she doesn't really care for public speaking. So we thought.... when we brought it up to her she said sure, Ill do that. We looked at her and said Really?! I helped her gather her words all together for the talk. She did a fantastic job. She asked Ty to sit up on the stage with her and of course he did.
Love finding selfies on my phone.
My best friend Emily sent me this picture. She is on the left and Whitney is on the right. Whitney passed away last year about this time. It was a trip down memory lane for sure. Cheering in high school was so fun for me. I loved dancing, and I loved watching the sports we cheered at. I am grateful for the friends that I made in high school. Emily and I met in 9th grade and we have been friends ever since.
September 17-20 we went out to Vernal for Ty's 20th class reunion. When we pulled into town we went straight to the Phillips house for a birthday party. They sure know how to party and had a blow up slide for everyone.
We then decided to make a quick stop to the homecoming football game. Once again a lot of memories were brought back from all the games I cheered at. Dad even went down with some of his classmates and did a cheer with the cheerleaders. Uintah was a fun place to go school.
Saturday night was Ty's dinner night. It was fun to see him interact with his classmates. I knew a few of them and so it wasn't too awkward. 20 years?!? so much has happened in those 20 years.
While in Vernal we HAD to stop to see our favorite baby. We all love to love on Avery. We FaceTime multiple times a week and so to see her in person is always better!
The sunset was so beautiful one night as we were leaving the library. I made the kids stand there so I could get a picture. You would think I was trying to get a picture of the bus. haha!
Another year of fall soccer down! This kid! He scored 4 goals this year. Out of all the seasons he has played this was his first time scoring goals!! Whoop Whoop!
During red ribbon we at school there were different themes you could dress up to. On the last day it was 80's day/neon day. Emmy ate that up like no other. I told her we needed to use her scrunchy and she knew exactly where to go get it. One of the other days was hero day. Emmy told me she wanted to dress up like her dad. So we got his zions bank work shirt and off she went. He wasn't home during this week because he was 4 wheeling with his dad, but we were sure to send him this picture.
Naps are rare for this girl usually. I love it when she will come upstairs ask for a movie to be put on and then she fall asleep. I love how she propped up her sippy in her shirt.
By the end of the month her tooth had completely come through! They put a bracket on the tooth after this picture.
On the last Saturday in September we decided to go to a corn maze and beat the crowds that we knew would come in October. That Saturday was really warm and perfect day to be outside. I love going to the small little farms. We found this one last year and we are so glad they did it again this year. Gordo's is where we will hopefully go every year.
These beautiful flowers are from my friend Jessica. She grew them in her yard this year. She and I have become really close over the past year and I am grateful for these little gifts.
We went up to Nana's and Grandpa's dinner one Sunday. The little girls wanted to paint their nails and Nana happily obliged. Amber helped them paint their nails and Parker was curios about it. He asked them if he could paint their toenails. Lyndin let him and then he was asking Emmy as well. I told him he could paint mine and that he could pick out my color. It was so tender to watch him paint my nails. He did such a good job too. I love my boy!
For a school project for Addi we needed to go to a museum and she had to find how art fits into Utah history. We decided to try out the Springville art museum. The kids actually all had fun looking at the art and then playing in the kids area.
We ended the month with a tournament. Addi's softball team had their fall ball league tournament. They had been playing every Thursday night for about 6 weeks. They ended up going undefeated in the tournament and won first place. They played the knockouts. That is the team that has Addi's best friend Addi on it, and Addi has also picked up for them at different times. It was a fun win for them, hard loss for the knockouts.
Addi and Brinklee, Addi and Addi.







































































No comments:
Post a Comment