Tuesday, August 31, 2021

August

 I always struggle when August comes around. Summer is always a nice break from daily routines and to do whatever we want that day.  Then in the same breath I am ready for school to start to be in a routine. We snuck in as much fun as we could the last couple weeks before school started. 

With the weather cooling off and Sunday's that are usually quiet we have decided to go on a few hikes. 

This one was dripping rock. It was a mild mild hike and was all on pavement. Emmy and Parker both packed backpacks with some snacks. Dripping rock is only about 7 minutes away from our house. It was a great starter hike. As we were hiking Emmy would say.... I love nature!! On the way back to the car we started to play "would you rather" We each take turns thinking of different questions.. like would you rather live in a castle or a tree house? It is fun to see what some of the questions are. 







We hadn't made a trip down to Salem Pond since the beginning of summer. So we packed up a picnic dinner one tuesday and had dinner down at the pond. 



Emmy came to me one day and said, Mom can we do a lemonade stand at grandma's work? We asked Grandma and she said that would be ok. We sold candy, otter pops, and lemonade each thing costing .25cents. Emmy was the one with the signs walking around trying to get business of people coming out of their offices. After about 45 minutes the kids made $66.75. They each got $21 and lyn got $3 because she didn't do much (says the other kids). They got lots of tips and didn't give much change back because people didn't want it. Their smiles were so cute. They asked if they could do it again the next day and I said no because you just took everyones money. I think for everyones first ever lemonade stand it was a success. We knew almost everyone that bought something, we sat in the shade, we didn't have to wait for people to drive by and stop, and we were done within 45 minutes. Emmy had one great idea! 






Another activity we do in the summer is the County Fair. We love seeing the little baby animals. And this year there was a free rodeo that was fun to watch. 








We had our teeth cleaned and thankfully everyone was cavity free!!


We got hair cuts for the girls. We cut lots off each of them. It looks so clean now! 





On the 12th Ty and I went to the Marron 5 concert that was suppose to be last summer but got canceled because of covid. We had great seats! We sang the night away and was so fun to be out doing something the we have missed doing. We figured this was the 5th time we have seen Maroon 5. 










The weekend before school started (11th-13th) we went to Kamas and went camping. The campground we stayed at had a swimming pool and was also right by a river.  The kids swam and swam some more. There were lots of places to take the side by side too. We went down to a chevron gas station early Saturday morning to get some donuts that everyone raves about. I would say that were that good! The apple fritter was bigger than my hand. Everyone picked out one and Emmy picked out skittles because she isn't a big donut fan. 








We stopped on our side by side ride to have a little picnic. The kids were not impressed because there were some bugs. Parker and Lyn kept saying I want to go back to the city, I don't like nature. Ty and I couldn't help but laugh at everyone. Guess we need to toughen them up a bit. 






We drove by a farm that had buffalo. 







The campground even had craft time for us. They also had movies at night by the swimming pool. It was such a fun campground and we definitely want to go back. 

Addi is such a good helper. One of her jobs in the summer is mow the lawn. I like to sneak pictures of her when she isn't looking. 



The day before school started we packed our day as full as we could. Addi started off early at 6:30 by going to the temple for the first time to do baptisms. We had a little talk with her about what things she might feel or experience. She came home saying it was a really neat experience and wants to go again. 



We have had a really dry summer. Then the rains came!! For 3 days it rained and rained. The kids loved playing in it! 

We went and met teachers and also got to see where their seats were. 
Addi found her locker and walked around her new school to try and find her classes. It was so weird teaching her how to open her locker. How is she that old already? 





We then ended the night with going to get ice cream and receiving blessings from dad. They woke up very excited the next morning to start the day! 



Addi- 7th
Parker -4th
Emmy-1st
Lyndin-preschool













We took everyone to school. There were no tears and everyone had smiles as they got out of the car. Ty and I then went on a date at 9 am! Everyone was gone. Every morning I have 2.5 hours to myself Mon-Thurs. It is definitly very quiet around the house and it is weird to only have Lyn home. 


Emmy loved filling out and coloring one of her first assignments. 



Lookin good in my sunglasses! 


We went on another hike up to the grotto in Payson. We hiked it when we first moved here. This one was a little different than dripping rock. It wasn't paved and we did have to hike a little ways to get to it. It was still an easy hike. The kids like this one better. 






I was out for a little walk and when I got back I saw Ty sitting on the front porch. He and I have had a stressful 6 weeks. We have dealt with some heartache in our marriage. We have dealt with stresses of selling our house in vernal. We have dealt with the stress of raising a family. We have felt tried and tested for sure the last little bit. As I saw him sitting there I couldn't help but think of how hard he works for everything around him. He is a good man that is trying his best! 


We went to a little birthday party that had a slip n slide that the girls loved. 


Emmy also had her first every spelling test. My cute Em has a hard time with reading and memorizing things. While we studied for this test as best as we could I wasn't too sure how well she would do. There were some hard words and then pair that with her not being able to memorize well I was just hoping she would do the best she could. When she got into the car she said MOM!!! I got 100% on my spelling test. Ty was on speaker phone and we both said, You did?!? Then Ty whispers... is that real? I said I don't know? I then ask Emmy if she had a little paper that her teacher gave her. She said no. I was still stumped because I knew she didn't know the words. We get home and I say very good on getting such a good score. How did you know how to spell them? She said oh, you know that paper that has my name on it on my desk? It has the shapes, colors, and numbers. I copied the colors off my paper. I started laughing and said good job hon! 


Grandma Shelly found a free event up in Provo for us to go to. It was calling Rock the Canyon. It was at a huge park that I didn't even know was there. There were free activities and booths all over. The kids made out with lots of treasures. 




For our Sunday outing we went up to the Riverwoods mall and walked around and saw all the chalk art. It is amazing what people can do. 




Our little friend Aspen fell and hurt her head pretty bad. So we took her some pictures the girls colored and some treats. I want my kids to be mindful of others when they are hurting or sad. 


We decided to sell our house in Vernal because the housing market is doing really well right now. We decided to give it a try and see if it would sale. It did get 3 offers within 3 days of it being on the market. 2 of them were above asking price. The sale of this house was a HUGE nightmare with trying to get our renters out. They were not cooperating and it was turning a bit ugly. Thankfully they did finally get out and we got it sold. With the selling of our first home it has brought back a lot of memories though. This was our first home. It was where lots of BBQ's took place. We had lots of friends and family come in and out those doors. It is where we brought Addi and Parker home from after we got out of the hospital. We did lots of yardwork to the outside. It is crazy to think that we have lived in our house now the same amount of time we lived in our home in Vernal. Leaving Vernal was a really hard thing for both Ty and I. It was one of the hardest and best things we could have done for us and our family. We now have sold both our houses we bought in Vernal. We sold them both this year. It is weird and also nice to have no ties to Vernal like that anymore. 

This is the last picture we have at this house. It was the day we moved to Sandy. 






No comments: