The beginning of October started off exciting. We bought a side by side. Ty has been looking at these for years! I went ahead and told him to just buy one because we now have something to haul it in, and we are going to be outdoors. We surprised the kids with it and you would have thought it was christmas day. They were jumping up and down and screaming. We took it out that weekend because we went camping over general conference weekend. Then Ty took it out 2 weeks later camping and put 100 miles on it. He has had fun with it.
Soccer ended in september, but I forget to post of picture of Parker and his team. Ty did a good job coaching this little team.
Tony has been spending lot of time here lately while Grandma is at work. He loves to follow everyone around. Him and Lyn have a love/hate relationship. They fight a lot. They still like each other though.
I also looked out the kitchen window while doing some dishes and saw Emmy talking to our cute back door neighbor. You could tell they were having quite the discussion.
When I upload the pictures they uploaded in a weird order. These pictures were on the 31st. Addi's 6th grade team had their last day of games. It was a little tournament. They ended up taking first in 6th grade. In the championship game we were losing the first set by at least 6 or so points. We ended up coming back and winning that first set. Addi started off the second set with serving. She served 15 in a row. The serves weren't always aces. Some of the points were us getting the volley back over and getting the point. She served her 15th into the net. She scored us 14 points. She has a great over handed serve. Definitely a super fun game to end with.
She ended up trying out for South County Volleyball Club. She made the 12's A team and was SO excited to make that team. Her coaches are amazing. One of her coaches is the director of the club and the other one has super duper credentials too. She has already learned how to jump serve. They are learning how to place the ball and how to do different rotations. It is going to be a fun year watching her improve.
I was talking with my dad on FaceTime in one of the bedroom. Lyndin said hi to him, and then climbed to the top bunk. She was being really quiet and when I checked on her she was asleep. I love watching kids sleep.
Halloween was on a Saturday this year. The kid had a school party on that friday before. Lyndin had had hers on Wednesday at school. She wanted to get costume on again. We have a computer hacker, doc mcstuffins, sally, and the brier rabbit!
Emmy learned how to make popcorn in the microwave. It's been fun to see her be so independent.
Painting pumpkins!
Addi is getting so big. Her leg hairs were getting a little long. I told her that it was time to shave her legs. She was a little hesitant at first because she said one of her friends had cut herself really bad. We naired her legs instead.
Addi had a halloween tournament in price. It was a beautiful weekend. We took the trailer down and stayed there at the ball park. A couple other families did the same thing. After the tournament ( which we didn't place in, but played so much better than we have) we went around price/ helper and hung out. It was a fun time and we loved hanging out in the motorcycle shop. Since it was a halloween themed tournament all the teams dressed up. Our team were the Grinch's.
Over UEA break in the middle of October we went to Vernal. It was just me and the 3 younger kids. Ty and Addi went to Green River to go camping. I was planning on going camping, but a friend from high school passed away in a tragic car accident. I cheered with her in high school and kind of had lost touch with her as time went on. I still considered her my friend though. I went out to the funeral and spent some time with family and friends. It was a somber occasion and I found myself reflecting on my high school years and the fun memories I made. I am grateful for the good times I had growing up and it was fun to see friends I haven't seen in a while even though it was under sad circumstances.
We got to see Kenadee and the kids love to hang out and play with her.
We went to my friend Kayla's parents house. It was weird to be going back there with my own kids when I used to hang out there with no kids.
Emmy is some what allergic to mosquito bites. After the corn maze we went to she woke up and her eye was super swollen. This was on the second day and it looked better than it did the first day. Poor girl looked kinda rough.
My mom brought me my second grade classroom picture. It is fun to see where a lot of us have wound up. I'm still friends with some of these people in this picture.
After Addi's volleyball game in october we went over to a new corn maze. It was small, but the perfect size for us. The kids had fun playing with the above ground 4 square. We as the adults had fun with it too. Grandma Shelly also came to join the fun. The day was so nice and warm! I wish fall weather lasted longer.
Our little 6th grade team finally got their jersey's at beginning of October even though our season was almost over. Addi's jersey was way too short in the arms for her and she did not like it.
For Halloween day we spent it watching volleyball in the morning like I said and then we went to lunch nana, grandpa, taylor, amber, grandma shelly and our family. We then got home and got ready to go trick or treating. We haven't ever really been around Spanish Fork on Halloween to go trick or treating. It was fun to just stay around our little neighborhood. Addi went around with her friend Addy. Addy's little brother Ty came to our house and went trick or treating with Parker. For going around for 1 hour the kids got lots of candy. Lyndin was content on just trick or treating on our street and then sat in the stroller eating her Hershey chocolate bar. I'm glad Ty was a good sport and dressed us as Bert since I was Mary Poppins. The two little girls went through our costume closet and picked new costumes for trick or treating. We had batgirl and the evil queen.
































































No comments:
Post a Comment