We made a quick trip to Vernal at the first of the month. We haven't seen my dad for a while. The girls loved giving him a back rub. I remember him having us do this when we were young too.
At the end of May they opened up sports. There were still guidelines we needed to follow because of covid, like no sitting in the stand. But we can handle that. Addi played every Wednesday in June in Orem two games every week. It was so nice to be outside watching her. I packed sandwich things every week too. Grapes were a hit. Emmy loved playing chubby bunny.
Now that it is summer, we have to keep popsicles in stock. Gotta love summer days with friends!
Emmy started T-ball. We knew that she would either love it or get board of it. She loved it! She would hit the ground with her bat before she would hit. She would fling that bat behind her after she hit. She loved being last batter because that meant you got a home run. She loved playing catcher because she got to put the ball on the tee. She loved sliding into every single base. She was so proud of her grass stains. When I told her that it was her last game, she said well what am I going to do next? I saying well probably nothing. She says that is boring!
Restaurants opened up their dining rooms in may too. It was nice to go out on a date.
On the 13th we went out to Vernal again to celebrate the Phillips quads 1st birthday. We got to play at the splash pad with their family.
Emmy loves to take selfies. They are pretty funny. She had to get one with uncle justin too.
Over father's day we took the camper up to Sheep Creek. It was only about 30 min away from our house. We haven't taken it dry camping yet. We were able to ride the 4 wheelers around the camp too. We actually would come down to Spanish Fork during the day and then would head back up at night for dinner. Addi loved using the axe to cut up firewood. We came down and went to Spanish Oaks reservoir. Addi went fishing, and the other kids swam. Addi did catch a few fish.
Our cute dad does so much for us. He is always making sure all of us are taken care of. He is everyones favorite to snuggle with at night. He is up for adventures always. He is a handyman and does things around the house for us. He takes us camping now. He is the more patient parent most of the time. We are grateful that we get to have him as our dad for our kids. This pic is from his first fathers day with Addi.
Father's day weekend, Grandma shelly got her puppy. His name is Tony. He is so tiny. Barely over 1 pound. He is so fun and the kids can't get enough of him. Especially Lyn. She picks him up and carries him everywhere.
These are Hit Squad's new uniforms this year. We have bumped up an age group this year. Some of the girls we have played against are bigger than me. But these girls have done great.
More Tball pics!
The kids also had Kiddie Camp this year. They talk about it all year long. Lyn was able to go this year and Addi aged out. They are already counting down till next year.
On the 26th and 27th Hit Squad had their first tournament in South Jordan. It was a hot weekend. The girls won first place in the silver bracket. They played so well!
As you can see, June was full of a lot of ball. Emmy played Tuesday Thursday, and Addi played Wednesday. No one complained because the weather was perfect and we were outside playing.
I have to write down a story about Emmy that happened. I was laying down one afternoon and she came up to my room asking if she could have some ice cream. I said sure just eat it out of the tub. She looks at me and says why? I said because it is almost gone. She shrugs her shoulders and said ok. Next thing I know she is back upstairs and I hear toys being moved in the bathtub. I said Em what are you doing? She says I'm eating Ice cream in the bathtub. I started laughing and said honey come here. She comes in and I said the ice cream bucket can be called a tub as well. She starts laughing at herself and say OHHH!!!







































No comments:
Post a Comment