Tuesday, September 24, 2019

8 is great- Parker

Oh my little peanut. You have been looking forward to your birthday for a long time! You knew you wanted Zupas for lunch and then when I asked what you wanted me to cook you for dinner you told me spaghetti, mashed potatoes and gravy, and steak. We settled on steak with mashed potatoes. You also told me that you wanted a carrot cake for your birthday cake. Our neighbor Whitney makes the best carrot cake and saved the day by making you one. You got a motor scooter from us and grandma shelly, money from grandpa larry & cassi, and a nerf gun from grandma debbie. You wanted cowboy donuts for you class that day as well. It was so fun celebrating a day all about you. 












To my 8 year old, 

As I look at your pictures from when you were younger I realized your cute little personality has just gotten cuter. You have always been such a tender heart and you would give some the shirt off your back to someone if you saw that they needed it. You are always willing to help. You also love to be around people. You always are asking if you can play with friends or you go make friends wherever we are. You are so smart, and I love seeing how your mind works. You are definitely our deep thinker and take things to the next step. We have some very interesting conversations from your questions about life and other things. You love zupas, panda express, and still spaghetti is one of your favorites. This year I was a little emotional about you turning 8. I am usually ok with my kids getting older, but for some reason this year my mamas heart was a little sad. I guess I feel a little guilty with how over shadowed you get by your sisters sometimes. You personality is so go with the flow, that sometimes it is easy for me to look past you. But my boy, you have such a special place in my heart. The talents and qualities that you have are so amazing. I hope that you will continue to use them and make them grow. You are so excited to get baptized in November and that will be such a special day all about you again. We love you so much and are so grateful for you to be part of our family!  






No comments: