Thursday, July 11, 2019

JUNE

Before we headed down to Arizona, Emmy had her end of year dance recital. She danced to Yellow submarine by the Beatles. She loved getting all dolled up. I can't believe how long her eyelashes are. We are a little sad because this dance company isn't doing it next year so we need to find a new place. She did so well dancing and didn't forget any of the moves. She was definitely made to be a performer! Afterwards we took pictures with everyone and she picked all the poses. 




















Emmy has also loved to take pictures with my phone. Some are pretty decent and others are just of her toes. She snapped this one of Ty mowing the lawn. 



Emmy had some professional pictures done before her performance. They turned out super cute. She sure is missing having dance every week. 




Father's Day is always a fun day. We sure love our dad. We all look forward for when he gets home from work. He is the fun parent and is always playing with them. He is great at snuggling each of them before bed. He also works so hard so that mom is able to stay home. 



Addi sent a selfie of her and Rodger to Grandma Shelly. 


The older 3 kids had Kiddie Camp again this year. This is the 3rd year they have done it and they look forward to it every year. Leah sent me this picture of Emmy and Avery i


Addi took a selfie of her and rodger and sent it to Grandma Shelly. 


I was able to go spend some needed time at the temple. It helps reset me and brings peace into my soul. I need the me time more often. 


Lyndin has been loving to play with Emmy's vanity and Emmy does not like to share it. I decided to grab a cheap one off Amazon and now both of them are content and happy to play haircut. 


We finally had decent weather and so we made the most of it and went up to the springville splash pad. 


June was filled with lots and lots of softball. Between having city league, accelerated league in Orem, and then a tournament thrown in there too. The kids are really good sports about following Addi around. 














There are those few moments were all the kids are playing nicely and having fun. When they are on the tramp together is usually those times. It fun to hear them giggling and laughing. 



Back in March-ish Emmy started biting her nails. She was biting them so that they were starting to bleed. I made a deal with her that if she stopped biting them and made them long enough that I could see her white nail that I would take her on a special date to get our nails done. She did SO good for 2 weeks without biting her nails. We went and got our nails done and she was so giddy with excitement. While I was getting mine done she asked if she could go sit in the car and watch my phone. When I peeked in on her about 15 min later she was fast asleep. 







I loved this saying!! 


We did a spur of the moment ice cream date with the Van Dyke's up to the creamery in Provo. That night Addi had her first sleep over with Camryn at our house. Very eventful! 






My cute little boy had to get a pallet expander put in like Addi to make room for his adult teeth. He one front tooth is finally coming in after a year and half. The other one where the cyst was stopping it, is still pretty far up in his gums. Hoping having the expander will make more room for it to come down. 


This next section is really hard for me to write about. My dear friend Whitey went into preterm labor with the quads. She was in Provo at the hospital for about a week and them monitoring her, and then her body couldn't handle it anymore. The babies were only 21 weeks and were not developed enough to survive. They were born on June 16. It was a very emotional couple weeks for everyone. I was up seeing her every couple days in the hospital and then I went and saw her once I heard about the babies. The graveside was very tender and special. But my heart is breaking for her and Jake. She is so so sad and I am so sad for her too. No mother should have to have the heartache of loosing a child, but even more no one should have to loose 4 babies at once. It was tender that she got to hold them and be with them for the 4 hours they were alive. Emily Van Dyke made a bracelet for her with all the kids initials and Addi was so sweet and made the goofy picture for her. Addi copied a picture from my phone. She is such an artist. The Phillips family has always been our dear friends, but now is where the value of friendship steps in. I have been checking in on her and having a listening ear when she needs. 






We made a quick trip down to Manti on the 21st to see the pageant. It was the last year they were going to preforming it. I thought the older kids would want to come, but they didn't. They stayed with Rachel. Ty and I haven't been down since we were teenagers. We have always talked about going back down, and this year we actually made it happen. It was fun to see the history of the book of mormon and the church come to life with live people. 





I love seeing the places Emmy falls asleep. 


Dad decided to take all the girls on a ride around the block. That sure is a lot of girls!





Ohh just writing about this makes my toe hurt. I got a really bad ingrown toe nail. I get them easily and usually I can work on it myself and get the pointed edge out of the corner, but this time I couldn't. I had worked on my toe and got more than half way down my nail bed before it became so bad that I couldn't handle it anymore. I also think it was starting to get a little infected. I called a podiatrist and he had to cut it out for me. He had to numb my toe with toe needles and those shots hurt SO SO bad. But thankfully my toe feels so much better now. 


We had our 3rd annual Splash Bash at our house on the 24th. The kids always have so much fun playing with everyone. We scaled it back a bit this year and only had about 40 people here haha. 




Build a bear had a special day where it is pay your age for a bear. There was a lotto that we entered to see if we could do it and we did receive a ticket to get 2 bears. The two little girls haven't done build a bear and so we made a special little trip up to Provo to build them a bear. They picked out their animals pretty fast and they had a lot of fun building them. 










We spent an evening at Grandma Shelly's after Addi's games one night. The girls love having her read them stories. 


We went up to the Lehi days kids parade on the 26th. The parade was full of kids and their floats as well as lots of candy. It was pretty hot so I am glad it didn't last more then 30 minutes. The kids had a blast picking up all the candy. Parker was the master of making sure he got every last drop. 








Dad was gone to high adventure with the scouts for 4 days. When he got back he took us up to hit some golf balls. Addi and Parker are actually really good at driving the ball. Addi was getting up to 150 yards. 









Addi is such a good big sister. She is my other helping hand most days. She loves to take the little girls for bike rides around the block in the stroller. 


Lyn is starting to want to be a big helper. She was helping dad fill holes in the concrete. 


Cherries were finally ready to pick!! So many cherries. Last year we went at the end of the season and this time we went at the beginning. We didn't even need to use the ladders really this year. We picked over 11 pounds. It was a fun family home evening event with grandma shelly, nana, and grandpa. 


















No comments: