March is a teaser month this year. Some days it is almost spring and other days it's still winter. We are lucky to have fun neighbor friends to help break of those days.
I wish I could bottle up all the times I catch Lyndin and Emmy played pretend. It truly makes my heart happy to see them playing like this.
Lyndin, Grandma, and myself went shopping and Lyndin thought she was quite the big girl by putting things in the cart, pushing the cart, and being able to roam around. I don't normally take the kids with me to the grocery store, and so it was quite the experience for her.
Addi told Lyndi and Emmy to sit down and get ready for a bed time story. I missed getting Lyndin in the picture, but Emmy was all about a bed time story. We then got Parker involved in it too. Now Emmy asks for them all the time and not from just anyone, it has to be from Addi.
We had another parent day at dance class and this time Grandma Shelly came with us. Emmy loved having us watching and had been ready to go to dance since about noon, and her dance class is at 4. She was prepped and ready with her minnie shoes, necklace, and coat. When we asked her to pose once we got inside her cute little foot became pointed. Grandma asked her to do a different pose and she switch to point the other toe.
On some Friday's we try to make to the library for music time. The girls like to play the iPad afterwards.
Lyndin was bound and determined to pull the wagon with Emmy in it. She did a pretty good job with it too.
It was the annual school art show on the 11th. Nana and Grandpa came down, and Grandma Shelly came to support the kids as well. We had a hard time finding Parker's owl and he was dead set on finding it. It's the one in the tree. After about 20 minutes we found it, and then he was ready to show us his other art (which we had already walked by) He was proud to show us his cyborg robot.
He also lost another tooth! Which happened at school out of all places. His second tooth to be lost out of 6 that he has missing. Hopefully those holes will start to fill in soon with his adult teeth.
These two are the best friend/ enemies there could be. They are having better days together. Bath time is always a happy time for the two of them.
We made a surprise visit to Vernal. No one knew we were coming. We surprised grandma debbie and she started to cry. Grandpa was really excited to see them. Nan was also really surprised that we were there.
I actually got to play with nan's hair. It was so fun to have someone let me and not crying that I was hurting their head.
I felt really prompted to go to Vernal. Whitney Phillips has been asking me when I was going to come and I casually mentioned that I may make a trip out there. She was so excited when I told her that. She had been acting strangely and saying different off handed comments that were making me really worried. I told her that and she said that she just really needed to see me. I'll finish up that story in a minute.
The other reason that I felt really prompted that I needed to see my sister. She had been going through a really rough time and I knew that I needed to be there to give her a hug. We were able to talk through things and we cried with one another. I love her very much and it was so fun to surprise her.
Whitney told me while I was there that she is pregnant with quadruplets. WHAT?!?! I was the only other person besides Jake(her husband) that knew so far. I sat there in a daze for a few minutes. She is the friend that has kids all the same age as parker, emmy, and lyndin. She is super woman for sure!
It was nice to go out for other peoples reason instead of my own. I felt very humbled and came home with whitney and breann on my mind and how I can help them.
My first born never ceases to amaze me. We went to Parker's soccer practice one day and I became friends with one of his classmates mom. She has a daughter named Megan (she is the one in the wheelchair/stroller). Addi all on her own walked up to this mom and her daughter and asked about Megan. She tells me as she is walking by with them, Mom look I have made a new friend. Megan is mute and doesn't talk back, but that didn't deter Addi at all. Once the practice was over, she jumped in the car and told me that it felt really good to make a new friend.
Addi has always had a tender heart towards those with a disability. She is curious about them, but in a kind way. When she was a toddler, she saw a boy in a wheelchair at the play place and went right up to him and started asking him about it.
I have tried to teach my kids that others with disabilities aren't ones that we should try to shy away from because they need friends too. We always can have new friends.
Speaking of friends..
We have gotten a few glimpses of spring time here, along with more snow sometimes. But on the nice days everyone has been congregating outside. We have pulled out the chalk, gone on walks to the park, and rode bikes. Everyones mood is definitely happier.
Parker has started soccer. He is getting more aggressive and it is fun to see him play.
Softball has started for Addi as well. We are still a new team with this accelerated business and need some time to work out all the bugs and fears.


























No comments:
Post a Comment