Addilynn Zora Jensen,
Man oh man, ten years old! How can it be that you are two whole hands now? You have grown up so much this year. You are so responsible and a great big sister, that we have been letting you babysit your siblings for about an hour while we go on a quick date. Game changer!! We make sure we tell you that we are so grateful for that. You still are a lover of animals, sports, disney, stitch, and drawing. You have become quite the little artist. I should definitely take more pictures of your artwork.
Your birthday was on President's day this year and you were so proud to say that you were sharing your birthday with the president's. You didn't have school that day (monday) and so nana and grandpa came down to take you to lunch and the mall. After you got home from that you had softball practice and we took some cupcakes to celebrate. It was cute seeing your team sing Happy Birthday to you. That night we had breakfast burritos (your choice) and had Grandma Shelly over to celebrate with us. You got plenty of stitch things, and you were in awe over all of it. You also got some arts and crafts things that you have loved doing too.
We took you to your well child check and you are still a string bean. 69 pounds (40%) and 57.75 inches tall (90%). Dr. Peterson talked to you a bit about maturation and you were a little embarrassed at first, but after a bit you actually started to listen to what he had to say. He was so good about explaining to you that your body will be changing and it is ok and it will know when and what to do.
That night as we were going to bed, I pulled out our blog books that I have printed (I started my blog right before you were born) and was able to show you pictures as a baby. After that you read stories and looked at pictures in the blog books every night before bed. I am so grateful I have kept up with the blog and writing down our memories.
As we were going through the blog book, I realized at the time lots of people were looking at my blog that I didn't want to post birth pictures. But now that blogging isn't as popular I want these photos so that you can see them later.
I also saw this on the internet, and it summed up my feelings perfectly about your BIRTH day.
The day you came into the world was the day that changed my life forever. You made me a mom. It wasn't all butterflies and roses at first. It took me a while to fully understand what had taken place. It was the biggest, most life altering event I had ever experienced, and I am not a fan of change. But oh how lucky I am to have experienced something so great, something so great that I never even knew I wanted. Something I never even knew I needed. That's the thing about God. He always gives us what we need. It's not about wants. What a miraculous gift giver He is. I am humbled to be your mama, and I've prayed for you and over you every day since the day you were born.
























No comments:
Post a Comment