We started out November with a softball tournament in St. George. All of Addi's grandparents were able to come down to watch her. I really appreciate how much support our parents give our kids. Emmy had her fingernail polish and gave everyone a manicure or pedicure. This picture is her paining Papa Larry's toenails. When she woke up that morning and saw that her tiara wasn't her hair she freaked out and said she needed it back in. When I had to take her hair out on Saturday she cried, because she loved having it done like a princess.
The girls played a lot better in this tournament. More of the teams were on our level of play. We didn't place, but the girls had improved which is great! Addi was a little stuck in her head this tournament. She got out any way a player can get out and it was kind of messing with her. We are now on a little break until the first of the year.
Between games on Saturday we went to the park for a little bit. We got to ride the train and the little girls thought it was awesome.
The girls playing with stickers!
Addi had a field trip to UVU to see the girls basketball team play. I got these texts from our neighbor Whitney Clegg. We have some pretty great friends!
I love school picture time! I love seeing how the kids change every year. This year Emmy got to be added into the mix.
Parker had his patriotic program at school on the 9th. He sang lots of songs, and did a great job reciting his part.
Our cute Lyndin officially has claimed the spot of the first broken bone in the family. While we were in St. George on Saturday night she walked into the bathroom right after Addi had gotten in the tub. There was water on the floor and she slipped. None of us saw her slip, all we heard was the aftermath. She cried and cried and we thought she had just bonked her head. In the middle of the night she woke up crying! Not a normal cry either. It took her a little bit to calm down. When she woke up in the morning she told Ty and myself that her foot hurt and kept pointing to it. When we set her down to stand up, she collapsed and started crying. She must have hurt it when she slipped. We took her to urgent care when we got home on sunday, but they couldn't see a break on the x-ray. They told us she would walk on it when she was ready. She didn't walk on it for 4 days. When she finally decided to try and walk on it she was pretty wobbly. She also babied it a lot. She would cry and still tell me it hurt.
My mommy instinct told me that something wasn't quite right. I called her Pediatrician and told his nurse the story. I told her it is 10 days past and she still wasn't doing so swell. I asked how much time should I give her, or do should I have her re seen. She took my message to the Dr. and he told us he wanted to see her.
They took more x-rays and once again there wasn't a break that showed up. The Dr. told us he was going to go more off symptoms and not the x-ray. He told us that he was pretty positive that she broke the bone that right been the growth plate and the leg bone there in the ankle. It is kind of blank space in an x-ray so it wouldn't show up. We tried putting a walking boot on her, but it was way too big for her. She sported a nice splint on it though. She is to wear it for 2-3 weeks. Hopefully this will do the trick!
Parker wrapped up playing basketball. He improved with his dribbling and also his defense is awesome. He loves being in team sports because he gets to be around his friends. He was pretty bummed it only last 4 weeks.
Lynni is turning into a little toddler right before our eyes. She is a ham and we all cater to her. She has even got almost everyone to push her in her dolls stellar. Charlotte, dad, Addi, Emmy, and even Parker.
We took the kids to Disney on Ice with the Shelley's, and the Ashby's. Addi had a team party that afternoon and so she decided to stay back and go with her team. She is getting to that age where she would rather go with friends and I was alright with it because this was the first time her team has gotten together not to do softball. She came home with all smiles about how it went. And we had all smiles at Disney on Ice. The little girls loved it. Parker liked it but got bored real quick. He is a trooper to go with us to things like this. Lyndi loved waving at everyone and Emmy loved yelling out who all the different characters were.
More pictures of my grandparents. These are my dad's mother and father.
Lyndi is so much more patient when it comes to me doing her hair than Emmy. I learned if I have her sit and eat breakfast that she will sit even better for me. Having her hair all back makes her look so much older.
For Thanksgiving this year we were with the Jensen's. We decided that we would do family pictures as a whole family since everyone would be together. We haven't gotten the professional pictures back. This is one that I had Jessica snap of us with my phone. I think it went pretty well and I'm anxious to see how they turned out.
Over Thanksgiving break we went to the new Wreck It Ralph movie with the kids, the 3 older kids had sleepovers at Grandma Shelly's because everyone was out here to celebrate Thanksgiving. We went to the trampoline park with the Jensen's, did some Christmas shopping, and spent more time at Grandma's. It was fun to have everyone out. It always goes by too fast.
On Saturday the 24, Ty had tickets to the BYU men's basketball game that work had given him. Our seats were directly behind the opposing team. We had a dinner before hand, treats during the game as well as halftime. And everyone in the building got beanies. The team ended up loosing, but it was still fun to be courtside like that. The perks that come with work are sometime really good!
Lyndi loves watching shows and lately she also loves to fall asleep watching shows in our bed. I had to snap this picture of her and Parker asleep in our bed. I love sleeping babies.
I was at the school and had to get a picture of Parker's picture on the board.
Addi came home the 2nd week in November with a paper saying that if she wanted to enter Poetry Slam content and maybe read it in front the school. At first she wasn't to keen on the idea, but the paper had some ideas of poems and I encouraged her to do one. I told her why not? It will be something different that you have never done. We chose to follow the scenes format and together we came up with two. One about softball and one about Disneyland. She couldn't decide between the two and so I told her we should get a vote. We made a little video and sent it around to family and asked them to vote. She also went around the neighborhood and asked them to vote. The softball one actually won, but she decided she really like the Disneyland one. Both of them really were good. She would have been fine with either.
She came home once we had gotten back t school from Thanksgiving Break telling me that her poem had won and they wanted her to read it in the Poetry Slam assembly. She wasn't too sure if she wanted to do it and I told her I think you can read it, you will only be up there for less than 60 seconds. She got a bit more confidence when I told her that. Ty and I went to the assembly and she was the first one to be called up to read hers. A girl and a boy got picked from every class in her grade. I'm not quite sure how many kids did enter poems in her class, but I am so proud of her for trying something new.
She also learned that day that she had received student of the month. She received it for having a good attitude. She told me later that day... Mom, today has been such a great day for me. I read my poem and got a treat, I got Student of the Month, I did good on my spelling test, and I got checked out early to go to Vernal. It's a fantastic day!!
Her confidence in herself keeps growing and I love seeing how she is growing up to be such a great girl. Keep up the good work baby girl. We love supporting you in every new adventure you try.






















































No comments:
Post a Comment