With June ending, I realize we are one month closer to school starting. I actually love having my kids home. I feel so more relaxed actually in summer because there is no schedule and now that they are getting older I also feel like we are on the go more and can go do fun things.
We started out the summer with our 2nd annual kick off to summer bash. The Van Dyke's were able to get a couple of blow up rentals for free this year and we also had probably double the people over. We did a bring your own meat style BBQ and then let everyone visit and play. The kids all had super fun and slept so well that night.
For my mom's bday I got her tickets to the music man up in Sandy for later that same night as the BBQ/party (june 2nd) It was probably one of the cutest plays I have ever seen. I wanted to go back, but they of course ended the play a couple weeks after we saw it.
After church naps are always a must for the littlest girls around her. Lyndi was so tired and I had Addi lay with her for just a minute and I came back to this. Melt my heart. These two have such a cute bond.
Then we always have miss em that keeps us rolling. She put on the sunglasses had her purses, and said sup mom!
This brother of ours is so sweet to his sisters. Everyone is very patient with Lyndin.
The weather was so hot in the month of June. We did a splash pad day in Springville with friends. It really is so much easier this summer to get out and about.
Addi is doing a cooking class over at the Clegg's every Thursday. It is so fun to have her come home and tell me the different things she is learning how to make.
Lyndin loves to draw. To keep her entertained one night while I was getting dinner ready I gave these to her and it kept her busy for 15 minutes.
I really liked this comparison. Made me rearrange my priorities a bit.
Cool baby over here...
Ty went to Moab with the scouts for an entire week. While he was gone, I got word that flats of strawberries were $5 for the whole thing. There were 8 cartons in each flat. I decided to be bold and make Ty some strawberry jam for father's day while he was gone and surprise him with it. I also made some dried strawberries, cut up strawberries to freeze, and also froze some puree to make more jam later on if I want to. I bought 4 flats. We had strawberries everywhere. Ty was so surprised when I had 8 jars of jam for him. I canned it all by myself and he was so happy with it.
Hip hip hooray!! Lynni is finally walking every where now instead of crawling. It has opened up a whole new world for her and for us. It is so nice to let her run around outside instead of getting dirty. She is by far my latest walker. She was 16 months.
I don't know if it is because Emmy is getting older, or if it's that Lyndi can finally walk. But Emmy's patience has gotten much much better since Lyndin can walk now. I am not complaining by any means. I am in heaven with it.
We also went to the new Incredibles 2 movie with Grandma while Ty was gone. Emmy and I lasted about half of the movie and then she was done.
Ty got back on Saturday the 16th and we jumped in the car when he got home and made a quick trip up to Logan to surprise one of my college friends that was turning 30. I haven't seen Nicole (pictured in the middle) for 2 years or so. She had no clue her husband had planned this for her, and it was so fun to surprise her. None of our other roommates/friends were there except Kelli Spencer. Which happened to just move home from Indiana. It was so so so good to catch up with these special girls and to spend time with their families. Snow College days were such a blessing to me.
And we can't forget about Father's day. We have one awesome dad that is so involved in our lives. He plays catch, plays tag, snuggles the kids at night, cuddles them durning movies, takes mom out on dates, and works so hard for all our things. I love having you as a husband, but the next best thing is having you as a dad to our kids.
We went up to nana and Grandpa's for a bbq on Father's day. They installed a screen door with a doggie door in it and I think our kids used it more than Sparky did. Lynni would get high centered on it. We then went to their neighborhood park and played around. Emmy posed for us and then made everyone else pose while she took their picture. Seriously.. she keeps everyone laughing. We were at the ball park one night and grandma shelly comes up to sit down and emmy says to her.. These are my parents.. Ty and Chelsie.
Like I said.. awesome dad.. even wears a baby pack.
Lyndin's hair is getting so long. I got it all up in a pony tail. Totally changed her looks. She is starting to talk more and more too. She said hi and bye to everyone.
This little one is still trying to figure out if she needs naps or not. Most of time she does end up napping because she wakes up so darn early (6-6:30), but then doesn't go to bed till late because she had a nap. Rough on her and rough on mom. She was watching tv while having a snack and I realized it was super quite and I turned around and saw this.
And since I took a picture of one of my babies sleeping, I had to take a picture of my other baby too.
Our neighbor Tyler knows a family friend that has fireflies down at her farm. We went down one night with the neighborhood and saw fireflies. I have never seen them and neither had Ty. My mom had grown up with them at their family ranch in Neola, but hasn't seen any since. She came with us and she had a smile from ear to ear the whole time. We couldn't catch a picture of them in the field flickering, but we did a couple of when we caught them. It was such a fun experience.
We wrapped up the league seasons of softball. The girls took 3rd in league, and made it to the state tournament. Addi has improved so much this year, and even though it totally freaked her world out to be in fast pitch, she rocked it. Accelerated league starts in August so she gets a little bit of a break.
The other kids have been troupers at the ball field too.
The weekend of the 22nd-24th we went camping up in midway with nana and some of her side of the family. We stayed in a little one room cabin which wasn't too bad except Lyndin spiked a really high fever in the middle of the night. Luckily for me I had packed some motrin, but she was miserable the whole time. She cried because her throat hurt, but she wanted to drink milk. She was feeling ok as long as I had medicine in her, but the second it wore off she was fevering again and not feeling well. This little crud ended up going through Emmy, Addi, and dad. Dad went and got tested to see if it was strep throat he was so sick (which going to the dr. doesn't ever happen for him) It wasn't strep, just a bad virus going around. It got passed around our whole neighborhood it seems.
While camping though we went to the crater over at the Homestead to swim. It is a natural hot spring. They only allow about 25 people in it at a time and we all had to wear life jackets. Parker was a little intimidated of it at first because you can't see the bottom at all. People scuba dive there because of how deep it is. But man it was like swimming in a hot tub. It was fun to do and something different to do.
I am never in any pictures, so I had to prove that I am around in family events. Not just behind the camera.
We went to the Kenny Chesney concert at Usuana with the Clegg's on the 28th. There were so many people there, but it was a fun and beautiful night for a concert.
I gave the kids side walk chalk to play with one night and they played with it for a good hour.
On the 30th I had to take my car in for a service in Provo. They told me it was going to be 3 hours till it was finished. Grandma Shelly entertained us and took us to a little splash pad above her house that we had never been to. We grabbed some picnic stuff and headed up. The kids didn't have their swim suits, but we didn't care and let them play in their clothes.
And this is the kids on the way back home.. all of them asleep but Lyndin because she fell asleep in the car on the way back to Grandma's.
We had my cousin Devin and his family come stay with us from the 30th-2nd while they came out to Elisa's grandpa's funeral. Our kids never see each other and they all played so well together. I am so grateful for our home and that people feel comfortable in it and know they have some where to go. We have been passing down our girl clothes to them and it is so fun to see Hannah in them. Devin and Elisa have 5 kids. 2 girls and 3 boys. Parker was in heaven with all the boys around. They played Nurf guns, cars, trains, and pretend fighting. He told us at dinner, mom there is more boys than girls now. Which he has never been able to say. He had a huge grin the entire weekend with them.
Elisa was a great friend to me while we lived in Vernal, I am lucky to call her family too.
We were able to get Lyndi's hair into two ponies!
Here's to a busy July as well... Addi told me that school started next month. I told her I was so sad that it was so soon because I love having my kids home with me. She says but mom we need to go to school. and you still have the little girls home with you when we leave. I told her that I knew that, but it isn't the same without all of them home.




















































































No comments:
Post a Comment