Here it is almost the end of May and I'm just getting to the April update. May has been a busy busy month for us. But April was full of fun too. The weather finally started to warm up a the kids were so antsy to get out and play. Parker loves being the little chauffeur for the girls. They are all smiles when he gives them rides.
I have braved up and taken the two little girls to the grocery store a hand full of times. I only take them when I have just a few things on my list to get. Emmy was a super helper this time and wanted to push the cart. She would tell me to let go if I tried to help steer her.
We played at the park one night while Addi was at softball practice. Lyndin found the joy of swinging.
Ty and I were able to go to the Justin Timberlake concert. OH MY GOODNESS!!! Such a fun concert and we had killer seats. Whitney Phillips and I were suppose to go together, but she ended up getting Ellen DeGenerous tickets with her sister. Ty made a pretty good date :) Pictures don't do our seats justice at all. I could see him sweating and he danced in front of us quite a few times as well.
Ty and I went on a group date to celebrate our neighbor's 40th bday at Top Golf and the kids were with Nana and Grandpa. We came home to all of them crashed in the basement.
Parker had the cutest program at school. It was all about zoo animals. He was the Crocodile and he also was the stage crew and would help move out the trampoline. It was cute to see him take that job so seriously. It was one of the cutest programs I have seen.
These two.. they are usually pestering one another, but on this day they decided to be trouble makers. I saw what Lynni was doing, and was like ahh oh well. Then Emmy saw what Lynni was doing and decided to go join the fun. They pulled out every single garbage liner. But I let them do it because they weren't fighting and it is an easy mess to clean up. Pick your battles!!
Lyndin also thinks it is awesome to sit in the barstool chairs. She thinks she is pretty big. She also getting really good at poking food with a fork and feeding herself. She is getting braver with walking as well. She can take 10-12 steps now. Still prefers crawling though.
Dad poured some concrete in the backyard an the kids were hoping him get prepped for it.
This cute guy of mine turned 35 as well. Some things getting better with age and this guy definitely fall into that category. I surprised him with a week long 4 wheeling trip with his dad in September. I also surprised him with premier movie tickets to the new Advengers movie. He was pretty stoked about both presents.
We have doing play group, which I think I have mentioned. When we had it our house we made cereal necklaces. It kept them entertained for a bit, and also gave them a snack all rolled into one.
Oh and we can't forget our snapchat picture for the month!
Parker wrapped up playing soccer. He got braver as the season went on. We even told him if he scored a goal, then I would get him a treat. He scored!! He is quite the little goalie too. Except when it a strait away shot, then he screams because he doesn't want them to score.
Miss Lyndi being a cheesier.
Addi had a track and field day for all of 3rd grade in Spanish Fork. She got to pick 3 events she wanted to be in and she chose the 50m, 100m and the softball throw. She had preliminaries for each of the running races, and if she advanced a semi-final, and then a final. Addi took 1st in both of her heats of the preliminaries, and then she took 1st in her heat in the semi-finals. It was so so much fun to cheer her on. She ran her little heart out. We told her to try her best and if it wasn't 1st place she got she still would be a winner in our book. She came in 3rd in the 50m final out of 250 girls! She did end up crying because she was super close to winning. She then had to literally turn around and run the 100m final. This one she ended up taking 6th out of 250 and she was super upset with this loss. We tried to pick her up as much as we could because she also had a relay she needed to run after these finals because she had won a spot of one of the two girl teams from her school. She was so worn out. They were getting ready to line up for the relay when they announced that they weren't doing the relay anymore because they ran out of time. The look on her face was of pure relief. On her softball throw she came in 3rd place out of 285 girls!!! We were so proud of our girl! She placed in every single event that she chose. It was so so much fun cheering her on!! She gave it everything she had!
I told her we would go get a treat just her and I for doing so well. But we had to go get the treat after her softball game. She had a busy busy day that day. She came home the next day from school and took a nap.
This little girl and her different looks.
Dad got to sub coach for one of Parker's games. Neither of us still quite understand how soccer works, but dad sure gave it a shot.
We went to Vernal the last week of April and we were able to spend time with friends and family. I surprised Ty with some dates set up with some of our friends. We met up with Katy and Kael Smith Friday night, which we hadn't seen in over 2 years. Kael is Ty's best friend from high school. On Saturday night we went with the Workman's. Ty was super happy to be friends. We were able to have a picnic with all our family on Saturday too because Grandma Shelly came out to spend time with Breann.
The kids had a fun round of leap frog.
All of my kids have found a favorite blanket. Lyndin has found hers and loves to feel the silk edging on the blanket.
We are spending at least 2 nights of the week at the ball field now. Addi has started fast pitch this year. It has been a whole new learning experience for her. She has learned that she doesn't need to swing at every ball, and she has learned what a real strike looks like. Took a few times striking out, and foul balls to learn that. She is getting more confident with every game.
Lynni and Charlotte are quite the buddies and didn't mind when we put them in the swing together.
We also had a great time at the Jordan River Temple open house with nana and grandpa. I love being able to show the kids what inside the temple looks like. They still don't quite understand the importance of the temple, but I hope that they will one day. To know that is a place of peace, a place of learning, and a place we go when we want to feel God's presence.









































No comments:
Post a Comment