Thursday, January 14, 2016

Christmas 2015

It was another Christmas for the books! This is the first time we have ever had Christmas at some place other than our own home. The kids were a little afraid that Santa wouldn't find us at Grandma Shelly's house, but he didn't let us down. Good ol' Santa! 

He brought the kids BUNK BEDS!!! They loved them. After they opened all their presents they took them up to their beds and stayed there the rest of the afternoon. Now if we can just get them to stay in them through the entire night. 

Emery slept through the hype of Christmas morning. But when she did wake up she was a happy happy baby. Santa brought her a new suitcase so she has her own when we travel. 


Ty and I usually set a budget for each other on presents. Usually every year one of us blows that budget and splurges. That was me this year. They were having a good sale on Apple watches from Best Buy and he had been having his eye on them ever since they had come out in May. It was super hard for me to not have him open it when I got it in the mail. I am not good at keeping surprises. Especially when I know the surprise is going to make the happy. He was blown away and had this giddy grin on his face the rest of the morning. I love it when surprises go the way you hope they do! 


My mom bought Hoover boards for Ty and Breann. And of course 2 for her self. We spent all Christmas day and the rest of the weekend riding them all around her house. Addi is a pro at it! 


I remember do this as kids... Stacking the presents. They got them pretty high. 



We couldn't forget cookies and milk for Santa. The kids wrote Santa a note telling him thank you, and he wrote them back saying that he was so glad they were good kids this year. 



We had the Jensen family Christmas party the day after Christmas. After we had lunch and opened presents we played a few games with everyone. This game was the funniest to watch. They had a paper plate on top of their head with a pen. Then Jessica would tell them certain things they needed to draw. Like a Christmas tree, a fireplace with a fire, and a stocking on a mantle. Then you got points for how well you did. It was fun having everyone around. 


The 29th we went out to Vernal to spend time with Grandpa Larry and Grandma Debbie. I hardly took any pictures because we seriously just took it easy there and relaxed. I loved this picture of Emery and Papa. I think I have one of all my kids doing this with him. 


I am so grateful for the Christmas season. This year was hard to get into the Christmas spirit with all that was going on in our life, but when Christmas day came it was great to sit and spend time with the ones you love. And to reflect on how blessed we are. I am grateful for Jesus and his choice to come to earth to be our Savior. He must love us unconditionally to do something like that for us. 



No comments: