Sunday, August 11, 2013

Update

I just looked to see when the last time I posted and it was in June, and it is August now... wow where did the time go? I guess life is just crazy and blogging is the last thing I want to do. I always say to myself, "I need to do a post." But something always comes up or I just think I'll do it later.

As I'm thinking what has gone on in the past month and I don't even know where to begin because it has just been that crazy.

First off... if you haven't heard already we are moving to Salt Lake. Ty got a job promotion with Zions and it was too good to pass up. It is definitely a HUGE change, but we feel it will be a good thing for our little family. Ty will be able to have 1 job to focus on instead of 3. We don't know when we will move. We are waiting on our house to sell. And we haven't found one out there that we like either. It is getting discouraging because we have looked all over the valley. Hopefully something will come up soon. I know it is all in the Lord's time and we just need to be patient.

Ty:

He has started working out in the city 3 days a week. He is liking it so far. He works downtown Salt Lake and he ready to be there 24/7. He just got released from the bishopric and it is bitter sweet. It just makes it just a little bit more real that we are moving. (I think I'm still in denial). He has sold the curbing business. He will still do a little concrete on the side, but it will be minimal. He is such a great guy, and I am blessed to have him in my life.

Chelsie:

I'm still just being mom doing the mommy things. I still am reading because I that is me time I take every day. I have my first race I'm doing on the 24th. I haven't trained like I should have, but oh well. I got a concussion in July. I was playing co-ed softball and I was running to first base and the male short stop flung it to first. I stopped it with my head. I fell like a tree. I don't remember falling. We went to the hospital and all the fun stuff. Nothing was wrong except that I had a nasty concussion. Man, talk about a major headache. I'm feeling better, but some days I will get a little loopy. I have packed 3 boxes. I know I should be packing more, but I just can't get myself to do it. It will come with time.

Addi:

I am going to start her in pre-school here because we don't know where we will be. She is so funny and says the funniest things. I really need to write down what she says because I know I will forget all to soon. She loves to ride her trike, go play at Grandma's, and to watch Netflix. She is hitting another growth spurt. I am having to buy her 6's now in little girls. It makes me sad that she is only 4 and I have to buy her that size because she is so tall. She is on this "Jesus" kick. Some phrases of hers that we hear are: "I need Jesus." "That's not nice to Jesus." "I need Jesus power." We laugh, but deep down I know she truly knows Him and I'm sure she is more in tune with things that I am. This age is so fun! Except the melt downs. OHH BOY!

Parker:

He is starting to be a chatter box and trying to say so many things. His phrase lately is "What's that?" He loves to follow his sister around and wants to be just like her. He likes Mickey Mouse, and Wreck it Ralph. He will be 2 next month and I can't believe it. The tantrums are definitely starting and I don't like that so much. He is my little eating machine. He can eat, and eat. He starting to show more and more of his personality. He is definitely like his daddy and is pretty care free most of the time. I never knew little boys would have such a big tug at my heart. (Not that Addi isn't, but there is just something different about Parker and maybe it is lovey personality).

All in all we are still alive and kicking. We are just anticipating a big change, and I think all of us are ready to start on that. Hopefully I will blog again sooner that later :)


These 3 photos are from the 4th of July 




Weird right?!


Ty received an award from Zions. Only 10 people from the ENTIRE back usually receive this award a year and he was one of them. Nice job honey! 


She finally likes him! I didn't think it would ever happen, but she is being so much better with him and it makes my heart happy. They still have their moments, but most of the time they are good. 



She drew this on her arm. She said it was me. We had a good chat about not drawing on our bodies. She grabbed  her arm and said, "Look it moves." 

2 comments:

gledyfam said...

I love your family. Sorry to hear about the concussion! I've had one of those, and they aren't fun. I blame my blondeness on the time I hit my head ;) Your kids are so cute, that cracks me up about Addi. I wish Gavin would eat and eat like Parker! He is pretty picky. Tanner is our big time eater! Love and miss you Chels.

The Normans said...

There is a lot going on in your world! I'm sorry you have to move, but congrats on the job promotion. What a fun family adventure it will be for you guys! We'll have to get together once you guys are all settled in. :)