Tuesday, September 30, 2025

September

 September always feels like we are getting into the swing of things with new routines, school, and fall sports. 

We started out the month by finally going camping over Labor Day. We went up on the south side of strawberry lake and we found a great spot. It was busy up there because of hunting season, but the area we found was nice and quiet. We went with the Ashby's and also one of their friends. Parker and Lyndin were the only ones that came with us because Emmy and Addi had other plans and so they stayed home. One of the nights they did end up going to Grandma Shelly's. 



The Ashby's friend has a fishing boat that he guides on. Two of the afternoons he was so kind and took us out on the boat. The first afternoon Lyn wasn't wanting to go so we stayed back and played in the water with Ava. The second afternoon we all went out. Parker got to catch a fish, drive the boat home, and we also all jumped into the freezing lake. Lots of giggles once Lyn got over her fear of the boat. 














Volleyball was in full swing. We alway enjoy when we get to play someone we know. We got to play my cousins daughter that is from Roosevelt. It was fun to see them! It is always fun to see if they use a picture of Addi on their instagram account too. 


Addi's answer back to Gavin. Make sure to wear your shirt and BOW-TIE, we're going to HOCO together. And gave him boxes of pasta bowties. 


We got rocking chairs for the front porch and it is one of my favorite spots. It is quiet and comfortable. I was waiting for the kids to get home from church because I beat them home. We were sitting there talking and Emmy decides to be silly and puts this on her face. I had Addi do the same. 


Sept. 8 was a heart wrenching day. Addi hadn't been feeling well because she was starting to catch a cold. She asked me before she left for school where some medicine was. I told her either in the hall closet or downstairs in the kitchen cupboard. She went downstairs and next thing I know I heard a loud THUNK. I was up in my room and I knew it was not good. As I was jumping out of bed the little girls yell MOM!!!! I race downstairs and Addi was in the kitchen having a seizure. Man fight or flight kicks in. She seized for about 1.30 minutes and then of course was out of it for a bit. We get her to the couch and she goes right to sleep. She wakes up after about 30 minutes and asks why she was on the couch. I told her she had a seizure. We both start to cry. She was 4 days away from being done with her medicine and being done taking them. We were both pretty disheartened. She had been over 2 years seizure free. She went back to sleep. Once she woke up she couldn't quit throwing up. And in between all this, Ty was out of town, I had to call her Dr., had to get the kids off to school, as well as make sure Addi was ok. I contacted a friend in our ward who does mobile IV's. She came over to give Addi something for nausea, the headache, and also some fluids. Addi had hit her head decently hard because she fell from standing up. Such a blessing though because she did not hit any of the counter tops on the way down. 
She was pretty out of it most of the day, but come the next day she went back to school like nothing was going on. It took 2 days before I heard back from her dr. I was a nervous wreck for those 3 days. Watching a seizure is one of the most helpless events ever. The hard part too is that Addi doesn't remember anything and didn't even know she was going to have one. But she is currently back on her original dose and she is back to doing all the things she normally does. I am so grateful for modern day medicine and that her medicine really does protect her from having more seizures. 


We had lots of well wishes that day. Avery and Madi made cards for Addi. We are also grateful for the rainbow on my walk later that night. 



Gavin is such a trooper. He took Addi to school for almost an entire month because we didn't want her driving. He also took her to get a slurpee because it was fill your own cup day. 


We had a random Tuesday off of school. We decided to have a lego building day. It was fun to see the kids build and spend time together not on devices. 




Lyn doing a facial mask and relaxing. 


We enjoyed a UVU vs BYU women's volleyball game with friends. We seem to never stray to far from volleyball. 


After the game we went and saw a miniature wall that opens up on Saturday mornings in Provo. It was super cute! 


Homecoming week was always a blast for me in high school and it is fun to see Addi making memories and having fun as well. We had the powderpuff game to go and support. They played much better this year and made it to the semi finals. 





I decided to be spontaneous one day and go check out the little girls from school to have lunch with me at the park. It was so fun to surprise them and just sit and talk with them for a bit before I took them back to school. It's the little things right? 



School picture time!! 






Zions' help sponsor the wings and things event at the Spanish fork airport. Ty and I went and had dinner the night before the show and enjoyed a close by fly by. The next day Parker and Ty went to the event and they got to go up in one of the old planes for a flight. We are grateful for all the little extra things we get to do because of Zions. 


Homecoming dance pictures! Addi had a blast and she said her favorite part was the pictures and the dinner. She had a really fun group of people to go with. Gavin even got a bowtie for the dance specifically because of how she answered back. 






This other picture is from when Addi and Gavin graduated 6th grade. 




After Addi's follow up appointment with her neurologist we got a hot chocolate and this was my message on it. It is the little things not the big things that sometimes matter. We also got to preview Emmy's softball costume. 





No comments: