Friday, February 7, 2025

It's great to be 8

 Lyn hit a big number this year.. 8!


We started off the day with mom being the mystery reader in Lyn's class. That is also when I brought in her birthday treat. She was very surprised and I also read her book that I got her.. the Linden tree. She also requested that I bring her Jimmy Johns for lunch. She also had Charlotte come over for dinner and cake and ice cream. She had a smile on all day. 

Things about her right now... She loves legos and is so quick at getting them put together. She is probably my least picky of eater. She is willing to try things at least once. She still is not a big thrill seeker. She likes to play it safe. She loves being around her friends. She still has only lost 3 teeth so far. She still snuggles with me every night in my bed. She told me that when she turned 8 she was going to start falling asleep in her own bed. She said new year new me. She gave it a good try, but her anxiety kicked in full force and so we are still falling asleep together and then dad moves her to her bed. Honestly, I'm not sad about it. It is something her and I have done since she was about 2. While dad is snuggling all the other kids, her and I turn on a movie and she falls asleep. She is a helper and willing to help out in a lot of ways. You also love to watch YouTube like the rest of your siblings. 

Lyn, 

You are the baby of the family and you wrap up our family perfectly. I know we joke that we thought you were a little boy the whole time I was pregnant, but honestly you are exactly what we needed in our family. You are probably the most nurturing one out of the family. You love holding babies and being with kids younger than you. Which is crazy because you are the baby of the family. I am struggling with all these lasts with you. Time is flying by and I'm really trying to soak in all these "lasts". I love you and I Love the time we get to spend together. Can't wait to see how much you grow this year. 

Love mom. 









No comments: