While we were in Hawaii, we asked the kids which they liked better, Hawaii or Disneyland. The kids said they liked both but probably Disneyland more because they like riding all the rides. Ty was going to be heading to San Diego once we landed back in Las Vegas on Friday to head to his cousins wedding. I jokingly said maybe I should take the kids to Disneyland for a day since I am half way there. He said why don't you? So spur of the moment trip to Disneyland here we came!
I called Grandma Shelly and asked her if she would be able to meet us in either Las Vegas or Anaheim to go with us to Disneyland. She started looking at flight and found one that would get her there Saturday morning around 9 am. She made the arrangement and flew down and met us at the gate. I let the kids sleep in on Saturday because I knew we were going to having a long day. They definitely did sleep in! I had to wake them up about 8:30.
The drive there from Vegas was pretty uneventful. The kids slept almost the entire way there because of our late night flight. I was struggling to stay awake, but thankfully made it there in one piece without falling asleep. We had pizza together, then went and walked around downtown Disney. The kids said mom, I don't know if just one days is going to be enough here. It is so fun here!
Parker's sunburn was starting to peel. Gross!!
Meeting grandma! She was so kind and brought all their pins to do pin trading. We are also got the disability pass for Addi and we were able to jump a lot of lines. Even if we wouldn't have had that, the lines/crowds really weren't that bad.
Addi brought her trivia book and was finding all sorts of new facts about Disneyland.
Lyndin was not happy about riding Pirates. She was not wanting to ride very many rides. I told her that she could pick 3 that she did not have to ride, but she did have to ride the others at least once. She chose not to ride Big Thunder, Space Mountain, and Matterhorn.
Lyn was tall enough to ride Indiana. She cried and cried before we got on the ride. I told her it was like a side by side ride with dad. By the end of the ride there weren't as many tears, but she still wasn't a huge fan of the ride.
Some kind lady walked up to Lyndin and asked if she wanted this balloon.
We have not stayed to watch the fireworks in years. We were able to watch them and it really is quite the firework show. The last big ride we rode was Space Mountain. Then at 11:40pm we walked over to the Tiki room and watch the last show of the night. We literally walked out of the park at 12:00 on the dot. Addi got a picture of the clock as we walked out. Lyndin had fallen asleep about 11, but the other 3 held out for the entire night.
What a fun way to end the summer. We drove on Sunday for about 10 hours! Not something we will probably do for a long time!
No comments:
Post a Comment