Tuesday, April 5, 2022

March

March was once started out so cold. We had snow and low temperatures. Not what we are wanting at all over here. I know I write about the weather all the time in the winter, but it really does have a huge impact on me. Especially when I have learned that I need sunlight and that I do get seasonal depression. Now that I know that the last couple years I have done better. I am making sure I get out of the house, exercise, and also acknowledging that it is hard for me. 


Our friends the Phillips came out to Spanish Fork and had a sleep over with us! It was so fun to hang out with them!



On the 6th, dad got tickets through the bank to go to Disney on Ice. We even had Zions box seats. We haven't gone to Disney on Ice in about 3 years. It was such a fun atmosphere and the kids loved being in the box. We got complimentary drinks, and cookies. It was fun to dress up in all our Disney outfits too! 






After the show we went to Nana and Grandpas so we could meet our new little cousin, Sawyer!! Amber and Tayler became parents on the 2nd. She is so tiny and we all loved loving on her. There is another Jensen child!!! 








We were able to see Sawyer about a week later at one of Addi's volleyball tournaments. It was so fun to love on her again. 





We ended up placing first in the silver bracket in this tournament. Not our best for sure. It is still great to see them play though. 


I help in Emmy's school class once a month. Dad was free that morning and he came with me. When we left he said that was fun, I want to do that again. 


This is Lyndin's first time at home writing her own name by herself. 


We celebrated pi day 3.14 with Shepards pie. 


Emmy wanted make a leprechaun trap so bad for st. Patricks day. She came up with a great trap, but sadly she didn't catch him. 


Avery's 1st birthday was on the 10th. She came out to Provo the next week and we went to the aquarium with her. We then went back to Grandma Shelly's and she opened her gift from us which was a bubble machine. She thought it was so fun and so did my kids! 






Lyndin was assigned to give the talk in jr. primary and on the same day Parker was assigned to give one in sr. primary. Dad came in to help Lyn. She got very shy and ended up having dad read it. Parker got up there and gave his talk like he gives one every Sunday. 






On March 21st, I received one of the most heart dropping phone calls I have ever received. It was just before noon and Addi's school called me. It was her Math teacher, Mr. Clark. He told me that Addi had a seizure in class and that he had already called 911 to come. Ty was suppose to be leaving for a lunch and should have already left, but he hadn't. I yelled down the stairs to him that we needed to get to the school because Addi had a seizure. I remember during the phone call I thought to myself, are you sure you are calling the right mom? We rushed to the school and ran into her classroom. We had beat the ambulance there. She was sitting on the floor with the desks around her pushed away. She was an ashen color when we walked in. A police officer was there talking with her and then a couple minutes later the paramedics came in. She was still way out of it and couldn't really comprehend much. She did know her birthday, but she didn't know what year it was or how many quarters made up a dollar. All her vitals came back really well and so they released her to our care and we could do whatever we wanted. We kept getting the questioned asked, is this her first one? YES! We have never experienced something like this. 

He teacher relayed the story to us that they were taking a test and he heard a thunk. He looked up and Addi was on the floor convulsing. She was starting to turn blue and was on her side. He said she had about a 1.30-2 minute seizure. She remembers none of this. The last thing she remembers is that she was taking a math test. 

We did not feel the urgency to run to the ER. I called my pediatricians office and talked with a nurse. She said she would get in me that afternoon at 5:15. This of course was the day we had family pictures scheduled as well. I was about ready to cancel but she seemed ok once she kind of woke up. Once we got her home it took her probably another 20 minutes before the light kicked back on. She was super tired and still a little air heady. She didn't really know what was going on. 

After pictures we went down to the Dr. He said it could be a one and done, or it could mean something else was going on. He wanted us to do an EEG. So we got one scheduled that Thursday (2 days before Ty and I were leaving to Hawaii, we about canceled our trip). For the EEG she had to be sleep deprived and could only sleep for 4 hours. She had such a good attitude through all of this. She hasn't seemed scared or anything. She was able to fall asleep during the test which is a good thing. We were told that we wouldn't know results for 2-7 days. We didn't hear anything while we were gone on our trip. 

It was so tender to receive so many texts from parents of Addi's friends asking how she was and if there was anything they could do. We all felt the love and the prayers that were being offered in her behalf. She received some flowers and treats as well. 







Once Ty and I landed back in SLC on April 1st, I made a phone call to the pediatricians office asking for her results. The nurse said she would do some digging and would get back to me that afternoon. By 2:00 I was getting a phone call from the University of Utah hospital from their neurology department to set up an appointment for her. Our Dr. had said that he wanted her to have an appointment with them so that she could be in the system and if it happened again she would already been in the system. I kind of figured that was what the phone call was about. About 4:00 our nurse called us back saying that Dr. Fullmer would be calling us back to go over Addi's results. I received a phone call about 5:45 from the Dr. He informed me that there were some abnormal results on Addi's EEG and it looks like she has epilepsy. I was not expecting to hear that at all. He told me wanted her to start medication the next morning. The vibe I got was not if she had another one it would be when she had another one. As I'm writing this we haven't had our neurology appointment yet. It sounds like we will get a lot more information at the appointment. Addi seems in good spirits and is handling things well from what I can see. The initial shock was pretty overwhelming, but I am feeling better with things too. I can already look back and see how softly guided we all were into finding out this diagnosis. It will be an interesting ride for sure while we learn this new path. 

It was wear your college gear to school for Addi. She asked if she could wear my Snow College hoodie. She even made it on her school instagram page!  


Parker was able to go on a field trip the end of the month. Austin's mom was kind to send me some pictures from that day. I love all the happy smiles! 




No comments: