June was just as full of actives as May was! It seems every year our summers are chuck full of activities.
My friend from high school passed away this last fall. She was on cheer with me and her mother posted this picture from my Jr. year 2004. It is crazy to look at these pictures and see where time has taken all of us.
Addi finished up rec ball. On the night of her last game the sunset was stunning. These are the summer nights I long for.
I love to see how the kids grow up with these sports pictures. I never do anything with them except put them in their keepsake box I have for them.
Addi was able to go to her first year of girls camp this year. Her dad got to go down to be the priesthood holder. She came home with lots of stories. She is an animal lover no matter where she is. She had a dragonfly land on her, and she also caught a fish with her hands.
While part of our family was at camp, Nan came out and spent some time with us going through some pictures at my moms house. We all LOVED playing with Avery. As they were pulling away Parker says to me, gosh I'm really going to miss Avery. She is getting to that fun stage of smiling and is strong with her neck muscles.
Showing us their tricks.
Parker is officially a tennis player. He took lessons this summer with his friend Dallin. I told Parker that he is the first one in our family to ever really learn Tennis. He thought it was so fun! I love that he is so willing to try new things.
As Nan and I were going through pictures we found some of our half brother Brock. He passed away when he was 5. He had special needs. For some reason I have always felt like he is my gaurdian angel. I feel him near by and always have. We almost named Parker, Brock because I could feel Brock in the hospital room with us after Parker's birth. I can't wait until the day I can be reunited with him.
Father's day was a full day! I had to speak! I haven't spoken in church since we moved in almost 5 years ago. I felt like the talk went well and what was even better is that my dad was able to tune in and listen to my talk which talked about him. My mom and sister were able to listen to me too. It was so awesome to have my family there with me even though we weren't in the same town.
We then went up to nana and grandpa's for a bbq. We played games in the yard and played legos outside.
We made lots of trips to Salem Pond to feed the ducks in June. The ducks are not afraid of humans and were so excited to get bread from us.
It isn't summer time unless you have snow cones!
This play was absolutely amazing! The voices and talent that was used was incredible. Definitely a nice birthday present.
The reason we went through all our pictures was so that I could give them to my dad for a father's day gift. They came down to price to watch Addi play the end of June and it was the perfect time to give it to him. It was fun to laugh at some of the memories.
Addi picked up for the Knockouts for the price tournament. She had played with them before in a couple games, but never for a tournament. She learned a lot and I was proud of her for getting outside of her comfort zone.
We made another trip to the pond and this time we took dad with us. I loved watching my little ducklings all in a row.
Poor Addi got stung by a dead wasp that she tried to pick up. For 2 days her whole entire hand was so swollen.

Emmy got her t-ball pictures back!
There is a new app out there that creates cartoon characters of yourself. I think it's fun to see how everyone's turned out!
Ty got me season tickets to the Hale Theatre. We went to our first play, Daddy Long Legs. It was a nice night out.
Parker started tennis lesson. He loved them. I told him this was something that no one else in our family has done. He took that and went with it. He has totally loved trying something new.
The 3 younger kids had kiddie camp. They always look forward to kiddie camp!
On June 4,5,&6 Addi played in a volleyball tournament up at the Salt Palace. It was an amazing experience for her. There were 24 courts there and all of them had volleyball going on. Ages 12-17 were playing. There were college recruits there for the older girls. It was a long but super fun weekend. There were new girls on her team and that took a little bit of time to figure how to play with each other. There were teams there from all of the USA.
There was a girl on Addi's little volleyball team for the tournament that had baby bunnies ready to go. Her family heard about Bugs and they offered to give Addi one. We tried to pay them for her but they wouldn't let us. We weren't really planning on getting a new bunny because we have such a busy summer. But how can you pass up on a free one? Addi named her Samantha.
On June 2nd & 3rd Emmy had her dance recital. This was a day she was waiting for for a long time as well. She actually woke up on the 2nd with a stomach ache and not feeling very well. She was a trooper and toughed it out. She came home and crashed though. Thankfully the next day she was all better. She danced to the tangled song. Their theme this year was Disney. She did a great job and showed no stage fright. We are grateful that all our grandparents came out to support her.
On the 10th and 11th Addi had a softball tournament in Cedar City. It was a really warm weekend and the girls played really well. We took 5th out of 12 teams. She had some amazing bunts and well as some decent hits that got caught. She played great defense as well. The kids all loved that we got to stay in a hotel. She also loved that her good friend Addi played with us this time.





































































No comments:
Post a Comment