Sunday, September 27, 2020

august

We started off the month with a weekend in Ephraim for a tournament with Addi. It was SO SO HOT. The girls had a game at 8:00 am Friday morning. Then they didn't play until 3:00 that afternoon. We took our camper down Thursday night and camped by the fields. We decided to make waffles and asked if anyone else wanted to come over. About half the team did. It was fun to have the team hang out together. 
Grandma Shelly, nana and grandpa all came down to watch Addi. We didn't win any of the games, but the teams we were playing were all really good. Addi had quite a few good hits. We were finished by 9:30 am on saturday. We were camping at a campground in Mount Pleasant and they had a swimming pool that we spent the rest of the day there because it was so warm. I love being down there. It brought back a lot of good memories of college and our first few months of marriage down there. Ephraim will always have a special place in my heart. 














We had our 6 month dental cleaning. No cavities with the kids, but mom had a tiny one. Lyndin went for her first time, and you wouldn't have known it. She was a champ. Emmy loved telling lyn what to do and what they were going to be doing to her.










We spent 3 days at the ball park watching Addi's team play. The weather was perfect. Sadly we didn't play very well. Part of it was the umpires, and part of it was the girls. We had done a little revamping since this tournament. 


I love summer nights and seeing all the kids outside playing and riding bikes. I am so grateful for our neighborhood. 


We took the kids swimming at the spanish fork pool one afternoon. I bought the girls matching swim covers and they sat and danced all around because they were twins. We of course had to get some churros. One of our family favorite snacks. Definitely not as good as Disneylands. 







This girl is a dare devil. She about gave her mama a heart attack. She was jumping off the diving board all by herself no floaty and then swimming over to the side. Gah! She did it lots of times. But still I was nervous every single time. 



Did some canning of peaches since our supply was low. 



Lyndin had her back to school night. She was SO excited to finally start preschool. She got out of the car and said mom I am not scared to go, I am going to be brave. Once we got in there she said mom you can go. I said no not today honey. You don't actually have school today. She was super bummed out. She got her backpack and was ticketed for that. 


Emmy and the older kids had a sleep over at grandma's. She was being really quiet so we went to go check on her. What a way to fall asleep. 


The weekend before school started we made a trip to vernal. We played with the Tesar family all weekend. Kenadee always comes wherever we go when we are out there. We went to the dinosaur museum then got shaved ices. We then went to their house to swim in their pool.  Then the next day we had a BBQ and let the kids swim again. I have been friends with Emily since I was 15 years old. We were on cheer together. She has been there for every big event in my life. I am so glad we have stayed close even though we don't live in the same town anymore. 






















Before we went over to the Tesar's on Sunday though we went out to the Quarry to see grandma debbie. The kids always love riding on her bus. It definitely looks a little different this year with wearing masks and all that. We then took a little trip over to Josie's cabin. What is so fun to me is that I made these same memories with my own Grandma Gardner. We would have picnics and little drives out there every summer too. 







While waiting for the bus the kids were playing ring around the rosie. 





We could hear a woodpecker and then we spotted him so everyone had to take a look. 


We headed to my dad's to see him. He was out in the field using his big truck. I have memories of riding in his big trucks too. 





We got back on Monday night to get ready for back to school day on Tuesday. We lucked out this year in the teacher department. We got all the best teachers in each grade. Parker has Nuttall, Addi has Sergeant, and Emmy has Stewart. 





Ty and I decided to get braces. I know what were we thinking? I only need them for 6 months to restraighten mine. Ty has never had them and so he probably will be in them for 2 years. His is mostly his bite they need to fix. This was our before picture. I got mine on on August 18, and ty got his on August 24. 



After my braces were on I took 3 of the kids to dinner at Tepanyaki. Emmy was with dad doing some concrete lifting. It was us celebrating the last day of summer. 




The kids were so ready for school! They haven't been back since March. Emmy was upset because she wasn't able to start Kindergarten, but we had some fun with just one on one time. Addi is in 6th, Parker 3rd, Emmy Kindergarten, and Lyndin Preschool. This is the first time EVER that I have had some quiet time during the day because everyone is at school. Kind of a weird feeling, but so nice to be able to run errands and get cleaning done with no one around. I did cry a little bit when I dropped off Lyndin because I couldn't walk her in. She didn't even shed a tear. 











I got a new vacuum after 8 years. I vacuumed just my upstairs carpet and this is what came up. Totally disgusting. 


On the 22nd Ty and I went to Park City to celebrate our brother in law Mike. Rachel came down to babysit the kids and she brought her makeup. Emmy loved having rainbow makeup. 


That day Addi had a pool party with her softball team. 


Ruth's Chris in Park city is a great restaurant. It also had some amazing views. 


Lyn is my snuggle kid right now. She was sitting on the hammock with me just enjoying the sun. 


This is our after pic!! Gosh my teeth were so sore. Ty has bite blockers on and cannot chew food. He lived off soup for about 2 weeks. He lost 12 pounds within 6 weeks. 


We celebrated national waffle day on the 24. 



Emmy finally got to start Kindergarten on the 26th. I may have cried a little bit when I dropped her off too. She had her big sister and Camryn to walk her to class. It made my mom heart happy to see that. This is the only time the 3 of them will be together at the same school. 









Parker started up soccer again. He was so excited because in the spring it was canceled because of covid. Ty was his coach this year too! Who knew we would be a soccer family. Neither Ty or I played soccer growing up. 


On the 29th Cassi's son Tanner got married. We went down to Elmo for the wedding. We don't know Cassi's side of the family very well, so we made our own fun. We had a little picnic on the grass with our dinner, and we played corn hole. There was a lot of alcohol. We were able to have a really good talk with the kids about how smoking and alcohol can hurt us. We also talked about even though we were around it we were still safe. If we realized we weren't going to be safe we would have left. We were able to tell the kids anytime they don't feel safe that we will come get them wherever they are. 


\


 
 
This my mom's older brother, Steve. He LOVES music. He is a DJ and he came down to DJ the music. He calls me chooser, and when I was little I called him no no because he would always tease me. One day I said no no, no no. The name stuck. I don't see him very often at all, but he is always so happy to see us. I think he has a bit of Autism, but he has handled it very well as he has gotten older. 


On the 29th, I kept thinking I was forgetting something. As we were heading back to Spanish Fork from Elmo it dawned on me that my Grandma Gardner had been gone 9 years. It is crazy how much has happened in those 9 years. I do miss her and the memories we had made. The older she got though the more cranky she got. I missed that grandma that I knew and it was hard to see her decline like that. I know she is in a better place, and is content now. 


Addi had a Dr. Appt up in Provo towards the end of the month. The other kids stayed with my mom. When I got back to the house my mom had a grave look on her face and so did Addi. Mom told me that emmy was playing with Tony and threw him in the air while she was standing. He landed and started crying. He broke his leg. Emmy came down to tell me and she was bawling uncontrollably. I have never seen her cry like that. She had so much remorse and felt so bad. Mom said that when it happened she cried like that too. We left grandma's and made a stop at dads work. Emmy told dad and she was in hysterics all over again. Poor Tony and poor Emmy. 


We love our little goalie! 





No comments: