Thursday, March 1, 2018

February

Even though February is the shortest month of the year, it was the longest month it seemed for us. Someone was ALWAYS sick ever since we got back from Disneyland. One sickness or multiple sicknesses have hit at least one of us if not more than one of us at a time. We've had colds, the flu with the two littlest girls, the stomach bug hit all of us but Ty, and teething. 

Lyndin had a bad reaction to her new set of immunizations. Also she was cutting her 4 top teeth so she was one miserable little girl. It was so so sad. 

She perked up a little bit for the girls combined party on the 10th. All of our grandparents made it out and we had a yummy lunch of smoked brisket. We also had donuts for our cakes. 





Our dad is one of a kind. The kids all fight about who gets to snuggle him at night. He takes turns every single night snuggling at least one of them if not more. Most of the time he falls asleep with them and I go wake him up sometimes to come to bed so I can snuggle him too. He has that snuggling down! Addi was in a stage for a bit where she wanted to sleep on the floor in her room, but she didn't want to give up her snuggle time. I walked in and found this both of them fast asleep. 



This littlest one of our loves to pretend talk on the phone. It is the cutest thing. She now lifts up one arm and waves it around so that you will pick her up. She has also figured out how to nod her head. She nods her whole body to do it though. Still no interest in walking, but why walk when everyone carries you every where? She is also figuring out how to open up the cupboards. She isn't quite as mischievous as Emmy was at this age, but give her a bit of time and I'm sure she will be. 



Ty picked out a new right hand ring for me for our anniversary. I was so surprised!! I ended up getting him a new wedding ring too, and neither of us had any idea that is what we did for each other. He picked out the ring, but wanted me to see what else the store had incase i didn't like it. I loved the two tone on it, and so I kept the ring but I added the 2 bands to it. Happy 10 year to us!! 



Lyndin also got her big girl seat! It has made a world of difference for everyone! 


Addi and I made her Valentine box this year. It was a little mailbox and the kids would pull the flap down to deliver their valentine. She loved decorating it! 


I sent this text to Ty on Valentine's. I'm glad he has a sense of humor and I can say things like this. 


Emmy was in Vernal for Valentine's day, but came home the next day. We got her a Hay-corn, and this was the look she gave me when I said let's take a pictures. 


This girl and her apples! 


For Addi's bday I surprised her with a trip up to SLC on Saturday the 17th to have a girls day and go to the ballet. We went to Cinderella and it was so cute! Those dancers have talent. I didn't know how Addi would do with no words, but it was an easy story to follow. We went to Little America and had lunch first with Kimi and Grandma Debbie. Nana then met us at the ballet. Addi felt so special and loved having everyone's attention. That is what I wanted was a day to celebrate her and I think we nailed it! 










For her real birthday she wanted Breakfast Burritos for dinner. I was so surprised when I got that response when I asked her what she wanted. I was expecting some sort of sea food, and then she pops that out. I was all for it because I like breakfast burritos too! We did get her a little slice of cake at the store and it was funny because Emmy wanted to blow out Addi's candles but Addi held her away. 


On President's day (the 19th this year) we took the kids to a roller rink in Orem. None of them had roller-skated before and there were lots of tears from the older two there at the first. They couldn't get the hang of it and were bound to give up. I told Addi to give it  couple goes and she finally got and had a ton of fun.  Parker just couldn't figure it out and so we got him a scooter to ride around and he was all smiles after that. Emmy thought it was a blast and figured she didn't need the little walker to help her and that didn't go well. Grandma didn't trust her feet and looked like a true Grandma out there with her walker. It was fun to do something totally different and Addi is already asking when we can go back. 








And of course we had another fun time with Snapchat filters. 



Addi wanted a birthday party last year for her birthday, but with a brand new baby around I told her we would do one the following year. We went and painted some ceramics at a local art shop with her two friends Hailey and Camryn. Afterward I took them to McDonald's to get something to eat and they were all so excited because I let them go inside and play. The other girls kept saying this is the best birthday party ever! I then brought them back to our house to play for a little while. I love that Addi is getting a bit older that we can do these types of things and I don't feel overwhelmed or stressed because of all the young kids running around. They know better than to run around now. 





And this cute only boy of mine... he gets a little lost in the middle of his sisters. Between Addi bossing him around, and he two younger sisters being so demanding he gets a little by passed sometimes. Ty and I have been really working on giving him one on one. Him and I went to lunch together after Kindergarten and I let him pick his favorite place which is Zupas. We sat there and chatted about anything and everything. I asked him how his day was and then what we should talk about. He says, "How has your day been, Mom?" We talked about Heaven and where it is. We talked about Grandma Wall and that she can see us and watches over us. He asked where Heavenly Father and Jesus were made. He is my deep thinker and sometimes I don't know how to answer his questions. I love listening to him though. It made me miss when it was just him and I doing all the errands while Addi was at school. He is such a good little boy. Very tender and is always thinking about his sisters and how to make them happy. He can be a little tease though and that is what brothers are for right? 



No comments: