Thursday, September 7, 2017

August

As I was uploading pictures to this post it said I was uploading around 50! WHOA!! Goes to show that August was full of adventures because we were trying to get things in before school started. 

Lyndi is all about her hands now. She loves to grab anything close by. This time it happened to be dads nose. 



The older kids had 2 weeks worth of swimming lessons at the beginning of August. They loved it. I would just drop them off because I knew the little girls (mainly Emmy) would be a handful watching them. I was able to watch them on the last day. Parker was daring and went off the diving board, but Addi was a little more reserved. She did go down the waterslide by herself though. 




It was finally time to get Emery a haircut. I haven't cut her hair yet. I was too afraid that her lovely blonde locks were going to go away when she was little, but it looks like that color is here to stay for now. We took her took Cookie Cutters, where we have taken most of our kids for their first hair cut. Parker needed his done before school too, so it was a two for one trip. I didn't know how Emmy would do, but she absolutely loved it! She walked out of there and pointed to her hair and would say Hair cut! So pretty! We only cut about two inches off to make it more even. 







I bottled some peaches with my neighbor one day. This was my first go at bottling anything. It was actually a lot of fun and I was so grateful to Mallory for helping through the process and bringing over her canning things. I may just have to ask for canning things for Christmas. 






It was also the Utah County Fair here in Spanish Fork about the middle of the month. We went with our friends and got to see some fun things like reptiles, legos, and a dog show. 






We FaceTime our grandparents and nan quite a bit. This was one time when we talked to grandma shelly and Lyndi was so excited to see her. She had just woken up from a nap and was super eager to try and get to the phone. We laughed for a few minutes at her before I got her out of bed. 


We also went back to the same raspberry patch that we went to last year. YUMMY YUMMY! I didn't know how long we would last this time, but we were there for over an hour. Everyone loves that place. Emmy would pick the berries and put them in her bucket and then she would realize she had berries in there and would eat them. She would say mmm yummy! We walked out of there with over 2 pounds. It is such a fun little place! 








This little pumpkin has been giving me a run for my money. She is so sassy and sweet all rolled into one. She loves dresses and is usually in one every day. She is super fiesty and we have been dealing with hitting lately. She is definitely a 2 year old and she is the most hard headed 2 year old I've had. Hopefully this stage passes soon because my patience is wearing super thin. Good thing there is nap time and bed time. 



Ty has been working a lot in Vernal with his new concrete lifting business. Sometimes we go with him and other times we don't. this was one of the times we did go with him. We went to my dad's house with Nan one afternoon. My dad and Cassi weren't there, but my brother was. I haven't seen my brother for about 6 months because he has been trying to get clean off of drugs. He has had a hard road with his addiction to pain killers, and this wasn't the first time he has tried to get clean. But I will say that this is the longest he has been clean and he truly is a different person when he isn't on drugs. It used to be a super taboo subject when we first found out about his addiction about 6 years ago, but now I have learned that lots of families deal with someone that is an addict and it nice to be able to talk about our struggles and their struggles as well. We can always tell that he is back on them because he looses tons of weight, and he also disappears from everyones life. It has been a rollercoaster with him and my parents too with him trying to get clean. I have distanced myself a lot from him because of it. It was just too taxing on me emotionally and I had to distance myself for my sanity. I still love him, but love sometimes means that you have to put yourself first. Anyways... there is my little spill about my brother. 

While we were waiting for my dad and Cassi to get there, Kelden decided to saddle up one of my dad's mules. While he was saddle it up we had a little picnic under the fruit trees. I do miss being around my sister and her being there to do activities with us. Once the mules were ready to ride the kids we in heaven and now when we got back they ask when they can ride the mules again. I was super surprised that Emmy and Parker wanted a ride. Usually the two of them aren't to keen with animals. 




On the 21st it was the Solar Eclipse and my mom invited us down to her work because they were having a little lunch party to view the eclipse.  There was such a hype about it and everyone getting the special glasses. I didn't think to much of it, but once we got down there I was really glad we went down. It was a cool thing to see. It was crazy how things got a little bit more shaded and the shadows around us were different as well. 





On the 22nd it was the first day of school. Parker was super bummed out because he had to wait another week until he could go. Addi was excited to go see her friends and get to know her teacher. She has a lot of her friends in her class this year. Her teacher is Ms. Nuttall and she is supposedly one of the best 3rd grade teachers. Addi wants to be a magician when she grows up. We definitely are feeling the affects of her being gone. She is my second pair of hands and is so good with the little girls. Those first couple days Emmy would walk around and ask where did Addi go? She is learning cursive this year as well as multiplication. CRAZY! 




Emery loves to grab my cleaning supplies and go clean things! Now only if she would really clean them that would be amazing! 



One Saturday we  promised the kids that if they got all their chores done that we would take them to Nickel Mania. It is amazing what they will get done if they know there is a reward at the end of it. We hadn't been there before, but it was fun little place. Everything there took nickels and the kids had fun playing games. Emmy loved riding the little ridding toys, which were also a nickel. While we were there my dad and Cassi showed up because they were going to be staying the night with us. 





We went up to Herb and Vicki's one Sunday afternoon to enjoy the nice weather and have some root beer floats. The kids talked Grandpa and dad into playing a game of kick ball on their grass. 




Finally one August 29th it was time for Parker to start Kindergarten. He is in the AM class and woke up super early that morning because he didn't want to be late. He is my time oriented person and has to know how long things will take or be. He kept asking us if it was time to go and saying he didn't want to be late. This little boy of mine loves to learn and loves to go to school. He also was so excited to finally to be able to go to school with Addi. He also asked us that morning how many more days it was going to be until he could go to BYU. We told him that he needed to get through Kindergarten and then we would talk about it. Way to look into the future though son! BYU will be waiting for you  come 2030. 




We did his Kindergarten assessment the Wednesday before school started. Mrs. Money asked him to draw a picture of him self. He did really well naming the letters, and shapes. And when she asked him what was the highest number he could count to he boldly told her 100!! She says oh yeah, well let's hear it. And off he went. He got to 100 without any help and once he finished she said well you sure can count to 100. 


We also took Addi and Parker to the Orthodontist to look at their spacing issues. I was worried about Parker's bottom teeth where he lost that baby tooth, but the Dr. wasn't too worried about that. He actually found a weird blob on his X-ray above his top front teeth. He said that it might be extra bone right there and I told him that it probably was. Because when I was 8 years old I had to have oral surgery to room extra bone from the roof of my mouth. I also had 6 wisdom teeth. Supposedly these extra teeth come from my Grandma Massey's side. She told me once that she had an uncle that had his permanent teeth removed when he was an adult and then a new set of teeth came in. Ty wasn't too happy when we left there. He says to me, out of all the things you passed along to our children  you had to pass them your messed up teeth. He was joking with me, but still at the same time was serious. Sorry kids! You definitely get your teeth issues from me. Your dad never had braces and has only had one cavity and that was just last year. Anyways back to Parker, the ortho told me that I needed to go see an Oral surgeon for parker to see what really was going on. I took Parker an oral surgeon and sure enough it is something up in there. But it isn't a bone. It is a tumor/ cyst we think. We do need to get it removed so that his permanent teeth can come in. But the Dr. wants to do it in the OR because he wants Parker out, out so that he doesn't move and he accidentally nicks one of his permanent teeth. He will have to extract at least 2 of his teeth to get to the cyst. I was a little worried about him missing so many teeth before Bre's wedding and also for family/ school pictures. We have scheduled it for the end of October. Geeze it has been an expensive year with our children... 

Addi's problem is that she doesn't have enough room on the top for her permanent to come in. So we have an expander in her mouth to widen it. She was pretty nervous to get it because we have to crank it every night for 3 weeks and then it will stay in there for 6 months. But the dr is pretty confident that it will give her enough room. If not then we will move on to possibly chains to help bring down her k9 teeth because they are horizontal instead of vertical. Let's hope this expander will work because I know Addi will loose it if we have to do that. She has been a super worry wart lately about every little thing. She needs lots of reassurance about things. 



And lastly to wrap up the month is that her and I were able to go on a little Mother/Daughter activity day trip up to Provo to an art exhibit. We then were able to get ice cream afterward. It was super fun to spend some quality time with my first born. We don't get to do it very often and I always love it when we are able to. You will always have a special place in my heart Addilynn Zora. Thank you for being such a great big sister and daughter. 



1 comment:

The Normans said...

Love these updates. I'm sorry about all the teeth stuff! My teeth have always been awful so whenever I find something wrong with my kids mouths I get extremely anxious and worried for them. Good luck with everything you have to go through! Being a mom is so hard sometimes!