As Parker's birthday was approaching this year, I found myself really reminiscing the time of 4 years ago. It probably was part him asking every day how many more days till his birthday that kept me aware of what days were what. I remember having high blood pressure with him from pretty early on. I was so worried he would come too early. My grandma passed away August 27 and I had to be admitted into the hospital the night she passed because my blood pressure was astronomically high. Luckily it came down. We were all hoping and praying we wouldn't have a newborn while planning a funeral. Prayers were answered. I remember hoping he didn't come until after Sept. 1st because that is when insurance for me would kick in. I remember being monitored on 9/10/11 and my dr was out of town (I was a little upset because he was the one that told me to come in on a Saturday), my blood pressure would not come down that day. The on call dr. wanted to induce me, but said it was my choice because it wasn't too high to be too worried, but that I couldn't go home. I waited it out and it still hadn't come down by 9/11. My dr. wouldn't be back into the office till Monday, and I didn't really want a 9/11 baby. I talked to the on call dr. to have him induce me at 9:00 that night to get me past midnight so I would have a 9/12 baby. Parker arrived at 12:59 am on 9/12. I am so glad he came into our family when he did. He always keeps us laughing and on our toes.
Like I said earlier he was counting down the days till his birthday. The morning of his bday he walks into our room and says, "MOM!!! I have no more fingers left (for counting down), It's my birthday!!! Let's go start my party!!" At 7:00 in the morning we had a killer party planned haha just kidding. Him and I went downstairs and hung up his birthday banner and made some pancakes for breakfast. He got a new bike that morning and wanted to ride it around of course. He is still working on how to brake. He then wanted to go swimming, so we headed swimming. After swimming we had family over for cake and ice cream. He tore through his presents and wanted to play with all of them at once. Later that night we headed to the fair. It was a fun filled day for sure.
A few things about Parker, P-dog, Peanut, Park, and boy:
He LOVES to sing. He is always singing something. If he doesn't remember the words he makes them up. He is just like his dad.
He loves to be around family.
He loves preschool and learning new things.
He is always concerned about where Emmy is (tiny in his words). He is always giving her smooches.
He is our intuitive one. He knew Emmy was a little sister, and lately he has been telling me I have another baby in my tummy. (Which I don't). Usually I brush it off, but one of the times he told me that I talked to him a little bit more about it. I said, "I do?" P: yeah! M: what is it? P: The boy like me. M: oh really?! what should we name him? P: Pirate.
His favorite foods are: Spaghetti, chips & salsa, muffins, drink yogurts, potatoes, chocolate ice cream, pringles, and pancakes.
He still loves his trains, but also like legos right now.
He enjoys going to the library and getting lots of books. He is my one that can sit and have me read to him for a long time.
He is a much needed part to our family. We love you Parker Miles!
No comments:
Post a Comment