Tuesday, September 1, 2015

August

How is it summer is over already? It went by so fast. Summer started off with Emery coming into the world and things have not slowed down from there. 

Parker Miles started pre-school on August 11th. He has been super duper excited to start school. When I told him that it was time for pre-school, he didn't believe me because I have told him to wait, and wait, and wait. He told me that he just wanted me to drop him off and he would walk to the door. I told him that I need to walk him to the door this time, and we will see from them. He was ready to go at 8:00 that morning and school didn't start till 9:30. Good thing we did the morning session! He has a little friend from our neighborhood that goes to the same class as him (Jordan Nielsen). When I picked him up, I asked him what his favorite thing was and he told me EVERYTHING! He doesn't every fight me to go and asks me every morning if it is school day for him. He now walks to the door all by his self and thinks he is a pretty big kid. He is excited to turn 4. 







We also did another season of swimming lessons. This round went so well. The kids learned lots and they are little fishes. Parker still asks me if it is swimming lesson day. I love that my kids like to be active. Addi did a lot better when we got her some goggles, and of course Parker thought he needed them too. He didn't use them as well as Addi, but he looked adorable. 


My little princess... she usually isn't my princess/girly type. But we went to Costco and they had a lot of princess costumes. We are going to disneyland again in November and so i let her pick out one. This is the one she picked... She makes a beautiful Elsa. And it was cute to watch her act like a princess. 



Addi started the big 1st grade on August 19. She was excited, but I don't think she realized it was going to be an all day thing. She took at lunch from home and we all walked over to school to drop her off. We went and met her teacher and saw her classroom. She was all smiles until the teacher told the kids to wave bye to mom and dad, then she lost it. She had big crocodile tears running down her face and I'm trying to cry. I told her I would be back to get her soon. I think she was a little nervous I wouldn't be there to pick her up. One day before school started she told me that I shouldn't get a job (and I'm not even looking I promise) because I needed to be home to pick her up from school.  When I came back to pick her up, she was all smiles and when I asked her how her day was she told me, "IT TOOK FOREVER!" Welcome to first grade dear :) 








This little dude of mine now can ride a bike without training wheels. I really think his balance bike has been the key to this. He is a pro on his balance bike. 

We were at my moms towards the end of August, and he has a bike with training wheels there. We don't have one at our house with training wheels, only his balance bike and trike. His tires were flat and his handle bars were a little bent. I was inside with Emmy, and next thing I know Park comes in and says Mom come watch this! I saw Ty holding the training wheels and I gave him that NO WAY look. Next thing I know he is taking off down the street with no training wheels. He was a pro from the very beginning. Thank you balance bike! When I asked him if he wanted his shoes and helmet he said, "Not right now mom I'm busy"



I just happened to snap this picture of Emmy and grandma Shelly. So precious. 


Addi has started coach pitch. She loves sports and loves to be involved. She has a pretty great coach, she happens to call him DAD! He stepped up and is a coach to nine, six year old kids. Addi is the only girl on the team. It is so fun to watch your kids be involved. 


This is a random picture I found on my phone. I didn't take it, Addi did. The kids love to love on Emmy. Now that she is smiling they love to talk to her and make her smile. They always tell me MOM she she smiled at me. Parker is always checking on her and calls her "my little tiny". Addi loves to mother her too. She has surprised us all by being so good with her because she wanted nothing to do with parker when he was a baby. Emmy is good for all of us. You forget what joy baby brings to a family. 


No comments: