Private tour of a Firetruck:
Parker and I went to lunch are Arby's one day after we took Addi to school. There was a firetruck outside and Parker was excited to say the least. I was surprised to see that the firemen were inside Arby's when we went inside. After we ordered, I walked up to them and said, "You don't happen to drive the fire truck outside do you?" They kind of looked at me like DUH!! But then they saw that I was holding Parker's hand. Parker was standing there all smiles at them. The 3 of them then all changed their tune when they saw Parker. They went, "Why yes, we do drive the firetruck." One of the pulled out a sticker for Parker out of his wallet. And then he asked if he wanted to go see the truck. Parker got his own private tour of the firetruck. He was in heaven. It was so sweet to watch as a mom. To see someone take time out of their day just for you child means a lot. Parker talked about it the rest of the day.
Day at school with Addi:
For the PTA fundraiser this year they did a Fun Run. Where Addi has PM Kindergarten they got to do their own Fun Run. Parker and I went over and ran with them around the school. Parker thought it was absolutely amazing that he got to go to school. He thought he was super big. He followed everything the teacher said. But of course, his sister didn't want anything to do with him.
Found out some news:
The end of September we found out the we are expecting baby #3!! I was suppose to be starting soon, and I figured I'd take a test just to see. I took a dollar store test and there was a really faint line. I wanted Ty to come see if he could see it, or if I was imagining things. Well getting kids ready for bed and other things that were taking our time came up. The instructions said to not read results after 10 minutes. It had definitely been longer than 10 minutes when I finally showed Ty. He has never been home when I have gotten a positive pregnancy test. The line had gotten darker, but of course I didn't have another test to try. So at 10:00 at night I ran and got a test. Came home and got POSITIVE!!! I was in shock and Ty was excited. It was fun to share that special moment in time with Ty. Baby is due June 6th, 2015, but I'm planning on a May baby since my babies tend to come early. We have told our family, and close friends. But have not made it Facebook, or Instagram known. I will probably wait till Thanksgiving or so to do that. I am 10 weeks right now and have been sick. The kids and Ty have been wonderful to help a poor mama out. We aren't going to find out what we are having, but Parker is dead set on it being a whittle sista. Addi wants another girl too. She says we should name her Sparkle. Addi wasn't too happy when we first told her, but once we said the baby was already in mom's tummy, she changed her mind. I was able to show her a sonogram of her when she was a baby so that it made it a little more real. After it sunk in she said, "We are going to be a family of 5." Yes, honey we are. WOWZA!!
San Fransisco:
At the first of October we went on a no kids allowed trip with our friends Jon and Natalie Workman. We flew out on Thursday and came back Sunday. It was much needed and so much fun. We didn't have any set plans, and did whatever we wanted. We were able to come back home recharged and missing our kids. We are grateful for my mom and our sweet friend the Harris' for watching our kids while we were gone. Hopefully another time we can do it again. It definitely gave me a greater appreciation for my husband. I had his undivided attention for 4 days and it seriously changed us for the better. Not that we were having any problems, but its hard when you have everyday life, work, kids, church, and everything else that can come between a marriage. I love him very much :)
Being a kid:
I remember playing the pots and pans when I was a kid. I set some out for Parker and he looked at me like I was crazy. Then I showed him what to do and it didn't take long for him to grab the concept. Now we have a good ol pots and pans concert at least once a week. Sister now joins in.
On one of our trips to Vernal in October, we stopped by to see Grandma Debbie at school. They were playing flag football. Parker of course wanted to be a big kid. The older kids were so cute with him and even let him throw the ball. Once again, makes your heart happy when others are nice to your children. Addi was grandma's side kick with the whistle.
Time for the Tooth fairy:
Also when we were in Vernal, Addi lost her first tooth. It was getting pretty wiggly and I told her I needed to ask Grandpa how he pulled out mine so that we could pull out hers. She was pretty nervous about losing it, but then Aunt Nan bribed her with 5 toys from the dollar store if she let grandpa pull it. She was all about that. She was really brave, and didn't even cry. I can't believe she is old enough to loose teeth! Thanks to Grandpa Larry, for showing us how it's done.
We got this little doll's school picture back. Doesn't she look so old?!
My cute mama and I went and had our makeup done at MAC. I am not a big makeup wearer, but it was nice to learn how to put make up and what looks good with my skin tones. I love our mommy daughter dates.
Halloween:
The weather was FANTASTIC and we were even able to go to a BBQ before we went trick-or-treating. We were able to go actual Trick-or-treating this year. We have always done the trunk or treat, and gone to our grandparents. But our neighborhood out here in Sandy is so much fun. We went with some other kids in our ward around the neighborhood and it didn't take my kids long to catch on to what they needed to do. We actually had a hard time keeping up with them. Addi asked to borrow our friends parrot costume at the beginning of September, so she knew exactly what she wanted to be. Parker... he changed his mind quite often. At first it was a ghost and then it was a witch. He was dead set on being a witch, but with some help from his mom we agreed on a pirate. Dad was a 70's legitimate golfer. His outfit was from his grandpa. He got quite a few comments on it.
The day after Halloween we headed to Vernal bright and early to go Kenadee's baptism. She is such a sweet little girl and we are so glad she is our niece and cousin. This picture of the Jensen grandkids is probably one of the best ones we have.

















2 comments:
Wow!! Congratulations girl!! I am so happy for you!! Can't believe you'll have three kids - we're getting old!! That is so exciting. And I love all the pictures and updates! Your family is so cute! I really wished we lived closer to each other. It would be so fun to get together more often!
I've been meaning to send my congratulations for awhile now, but it keeps slipping my mind! But I am so happy and excited for you!!! I hope you are feeling well!
Post a Comment