I just realized I didn't do a post at all in June. By the way where did June seem to go? I can't believe it is July. The month of June was crazy for us. We spent 2 weekends in Vernal, we had swimming lessons, Ty had a scout camp, and then everything else in between. But for some reason today I've been in my reflective mood and I tell you what. I am living the dream. I have a husband that I love and we are happy. I have 2 beautiful children that make my heart melt one minute and then make me want to pull my hair out the next. We have a home, a job, and food on the table. In the need for basics. I say we have them all covered. I realized this week that I haven't been very positive about living here in Sandy. I am just going through the motions and just not really trying. So I decided it is time to try. So there is your little food for thought for the day.....
Anyways a little up date....
Addi finished her last day of pre-school on June 3rd. We were able to go spend the day with her at school and see what she does. She had a perma grin on her face the entire time we were there. It was so neat to see her interact with her teachers, and her friends. When we left, I was the one crying. I don't do well with goodbyes. Never have. I just have a tender spot for knowing that things won't be the same and that we probably won't be in contact with some people that have become very dear to us. I also cried because I am in shock that this little one is going to be going to Kindergarten.. WHAT?!?! when did that happen? She has grown leaps and bounds in her speech. Another huge blessing. You would never know that she had a speech problem. They are still going to keep her in the speech program because she still has a hard time answering wh.. questions. It is more her comprehension about speech than speech itself.
She has turned into a nurturing big sister. She loves her little brother and doesn't like to do anything really without him. They are each others side kicks. I love it. I don't love the fighting that comes along with it, but I don't think there are any siblings out there that don't fight. She now can ride her bike without training wheels. She thinks she is pretty neat stuff. We go for a bike ride at least once a day. She caught on in about 30 minutes. She is a natural when it comes to anything sports/ outdoor related.
Parker is going to be three in September. NUTS!! It isn't so much terrible 2's at our house, but terrible 3's. This kid is such a boy. Loves trains, cars, being outside, dirt, and anything else boy related. He is also disgusting. He can make him self burp, thinks tooting is hilarious, and also thinks it is funny to use bathroom words (pee, poop, toilet). He is doesn't care to be potty trained either. We have tried usually monthly to see if we are any closer and we aren't. He will go if I put him on the potty, but he just isn't grasping the concept that when he needs to go he needs to go to the toilet. UGH! One day right?!?! Let's hope so.
The kids took swimming lessons and they loved it. Addi is a lot more confident in the water and is able to advance to the next class. Parker and I did a mom and tot class. He has never had swimming lessons, but he also got more confident in the water. It is always so neat to watch your kids realize that they can do something.
Ty and I are just plunking along. We love having him home every night. That is a huge reason we decided to move was because it would give us more family time. It has been so nice. It is crazy that it has been 1 year since we got the news that we would be moving. A lot has happened in that year. We still are some what asking ourselves why were are here, but at the same time we know we are suppose to be. It's hard to put away the natural man and to let God do his thing. We have grown in many ways here, that we never would have been able to in Vernal. But Sandy just isn't quite home yet. But like I said earlier I know we need to try a little harder too.
She loves Miss Stacey





3 comments:
I am so sad I missed out on seeing you at the dinner. No one blogs anymore so I feel like I am way out of the loop on everyone! haha But I am glad you still blog! :) Love seeing pictures of you and your cute family!
I hope soon you can feel like Sandy is home. Once I go to just 1 day a week at work we would love to do play dates.
I'm so glad I got to finally meet you! Great post! If it makes you feel better it took me 5 years to "get used" to Monticello. :)
Post a Comment