Monday, November 25, 2013

Fall 2013

This post is going to be a combination of events that have happened over the past little bit.

First off-

These 2 children of mine:

They are finally playing really well together. Except when one, or both are tired and then its nothing but fighting. But Parker loves his big sis. He follows her every where. Copies everything she does, and does anything she tells him to do. Addi is finally liking having a little buddy to play with. She is a bossy pants and loves to tell him what to do, but in the same breath she is his biggest body guard. She doesn't let anyone else mess with him.

Addi is so funny lately. She is still the biggest daddy's girl. Her phrases lately are: "Yeah, remember when the happened last year ago." (talking about something that has happened in the past, even if it was the night before). "Parker, quit being a toad." "Mom, quit being silly." "Dad, just come snuggle me."

Parker is a little mag pie lately too. His phrase lately are: "Addi, where are you?" "I do it." "Mommy, do it." "par-per room." (Parker's room)








Lagoon:

Our friends, the Workman's invited us to go to Frightmares with them the first part of October. We hadn't been to Lagoon since I was pregnant with Parker. The very first ride we put Addi on was the miniature version of the rocket there in the little kids part. She bawled the entire time. She was then afraid to go on anything else. We finally talked her into going onto other ones, but she still remember that awful experience on the lady bug drop.  








Halloween:

For halloween this year Addi was Sully off of Monsters Inc. and Parker was a bat. We went and picked out a costume for Addi a couple weeks before Halloween. She wanted to be Scooby Doo, or Mickey Mouse. So we were on the hunt for one of those. Of course no where had a cute Scooby and we couldn't find a Mickey costume, only a Minnie. I was showing her different costumes and of course all little girl ones are dresses. I would hold up a pirate, or minnie, or a tinker bell costume and she would say "No, mom. That is too tight. That is too small. That one will be too cold." Seriously, how practical can she be? I would tell her it would be so cute and she said Nah. I find a Sully costume and she says "YES! That's it! I will be so nice warm and comfy." She was right she was definitely nice and comfy. 

I had Parker use a bat costume that I had Addi in when she was his age. I wasn't wanting to buy another outfit. (Cheap I know). The weather on Halloween was perfect and it was pretty low key. I took them to a little train there in Vernal and then we went around to our grandparents. Halloween is a fun holiday, but I'm excited when the day is over so we aren't running around anymore. 








Our grandparents in Vernal:

We have some pretty awesome grandparents. They love our kids immensely and the love from our kids to them is about the same. Our grandparents in Vernal helped us out so much, and now that we are in the city closer to other grandparents they are getting the joy of helping us out now :). 

Grandma Debbie or Ma (parker's name for her) has been a blessing in our lives. She is willing to watch the kids whenever I need help, and she loves for them to come and play. She does sleep overs with the grand kids (there are 5 of them) almost every weekend. We are missing her. 

Papa or Grandpa has been through a lot with us too. He was always inviting us over for Sunday dinner, taking the kids to help with chores, taking them fishing, and just letting them do whatever they wanted. Parker is Grandpa's biggest buddy. I think they are both taking the move pretty hard because they are away from each other. 

Good thing our grandparents are only a drive away. But then doesn't mean it is easy on any of us to be away from them. 

b


We are finally residents of Sandy, UT:

On November 2, we finally made the big move to Sandy. It was hard to leave friends and family. And it is hard to try and meet new friends, but we are glad to be together as a family. We were without a dad, and husband for almost 2 months. We only really saw him on the weekends and of course those are never long enough. We are trying to get into a routine here, and it is slowly coming. We are really liking the area we are living in, and our ward is super nice. Ty already has a calling (yeah, he got it the 2nd week we were there). He is the 1st counselor in the Young Men's. I haven't received a calling yet, but I am getting warnings that it won't be long until I have one. I still need to take before and after pictures of our new house, but I'm still unpacking and trying to get things where I want them. One day I'll get to it. 

Vernal will always be our home. We had a lot of firsts there that can't be replaced, but we will make memories here in Sandy as well. 










2 comments:

Courtney & Cameron said...

So glad everything is working out for you guys! It is definitely hard moving all of your stuff when you have little ones. Love all the pics of your family!!!!

The Normans said...

Love the update Chels! Can't wait to see some pics of your new home! :)